PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
Now some more recolors and versions. (A-7A/B, TA-7C, A-7D and TA-7K)
And the YA-7F Strikefighter!!!

Gene K
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-comparativo-7e-x-ya-7f.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-vought_ya_7f_by_shelbs2-d515vzx.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-tau49ebquwbp0lgknpkk.jpg  
Old 09-08-2017, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 664.90 MB
Thanks, guys. Good building tips. could have sear through tips tricks, but that could have taken a while and not necessarily resulted in me succeeding

I have started to test build the RCAF Chinook, but it turns out the colours were way too dark, but that has been corrected. Added a reference picture from this thread of Bruno's original Chinook.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-rfac-chinook-1a.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-rfac-chinook-1b.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-rfac-chinook-1c.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-rfac-chinook-1e.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120749.jpg  

Old 09-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Hi Sygrod,
what scale are you working in? 1/200?
As for the colors much depends on your printer. I tried laser printers and there the colors are way too vivid. Inkjet seems to be the best choice in my case.

Did only some recolors today (well not entirely)
A-6A, B and C intruders.

Oh and don't worry about the numbering.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-a6a-intruder-series-1.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-a6b-intruder-series-1.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-a6c-intruder-series-1.jpg  
Old 09-09-2017, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 664.90 MB
Hi, Bruno.
Yes, it is 1:200. 1:300 is way too small for me for now. I have a Canon MB2120 ink jet, that I purchased only weeks ago. When I recolour a model or build it, I always go hunting for refernce pictures. Lots of them. I stumbled across the Bell CH-146 Griffon, which is an upgraded, lengthened, up-engined and up-rotored Huey. It is based on the newest verion of the Huey, which, unfortunately for me, you haven't made in 1.300. But, i need to finish this Chinook first. It is so easy to get distracted in this hobby.

While looking for pics of the Chinook, I found the attached picture. The rear of the rear rotor mount does not come to an edge. It is flat. Any chance I can very humbly ask you to take some valuable time and modify this part? I so hate to nit pick, because your models are so good to start with.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-air_ch-147f_1st_acceptance_boeing_lg.jpg  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 102.92 MB
I've never seen that A-6 Nr.2291. Is it experimental camo? Or what is it?
Old 09-10-2017, 12:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
yes this is an experimental camo on the A-6 during the Vietnam war.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:34 AM

Bruno, is there an easy way to "paint" checkers on a tail fin (or any other part), through inkscape? Or any other means that can be imported to inkscape?
Old 09-10-2017, 02:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
I don't think Bruno can help with Inkscape as he uses MS Word.

When I did the checkers on the australian Skyhawks (red/white or blue yellow), I decided the lighter color would go in the background and drew the correct shape whit an outline and no filling color. Then I drew a grid over it that I would use as a model to draw one red (or blue) square. Then I duplicate the square as needed and use the edit node tool to add/remove nodes as needed since some squares are partly outside the rudder and don't need to be complete squares.

When I did the checkers in a disc version I also used the commands in the path menu ("chemin" in the french version).

Also, you can fill shapes with what the french version calls "motifs" in the stroke and fill dialog but I was never satisfied with it and never really explored the feature.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-checkers.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-checkers_in_a_disc.jpg  

Last edited by cafe; 09-10-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe View Post
Thanks for explaining. Indeed I do not know Inkscape

Another A-6 in the list and test build of the added features.

B
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-ka6d-intruder-series-1.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1190848.jpg  
Old 09-10-2017, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe View Post

When I did the checkers on the australian Skyhawks (red/white or blue yellow), I decided the lighter color would go in the background and drew the correct shape whit an outline and no filling color. Then I drew a grid over it that I would use as a model to draw one red (or blue) square. Then I duplicate the square as needed and use the edit node tool to add/remove nodes as needed since some squares are partly outside the rudder and don't need to be complete squares.

When I did the checkers in a disc version I also used the commands in the path menu ("chemin" in the french version).

Also, you can fill shapes with what the french version calls "motifs" in the stroke and fill dialog but I was never satisfied with it and never really explored the feature.
Thank you for the tip Carlos, I will try it. I have an F-16 and an F86-F to recolor full of checkers...

Tags
hornet, policía federal