PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-09-2019, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 453.53 MB
Thank you Bruno for the antonov is a great model.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Congratulations to Bruno for reaching milestone and huge thank you for AN-2.

I hope and wish we will all be here for your "4000" and other milestones.

Cheers!
Old 03-09-2019, 12:39 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Thank You for the Antonov An-12 Colt. Recolor granted. Happy 3000!!! Tony.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Lookin' for another repaint.

Hi guys. Yep I'm still alive but not kickin' much now. I'm in a lot of pain, building very little and just monitoring on the side most days.

I thought my memory flight was completed some time ago now, but I find that I am still lacking an aircraft. Way, way back in post #12550 I asked for Bruno's BEA Trident to be recolored in RAF livery and in post #12736 TigerTony duly obliged. Cheers mate, very grateful.

However, as I said back then, I was very drunk on that final flight and didn't remember a lot about it other than it was a very wide cabin, but I've recently met up with an old pal who was on the same flight. He was convinced that it was a TriStar, not a Trident. On doing a little research I find that the Trident was narrow-bodied, went out of service quite some time before this 1992 flight, and it would seem that it never entered service with the RAF anyway ... The VC10 was the preferred option at the time. Turns out that the picture I supplied was a special request recolor for a Flight Simulator game.

Google is sooooo much cleverer nowadays and I've actually managed to finger the actual aircraft ... ZD951, an RAF TriStar K1 Passenger/tanker,

I haven't been able to put a finger on Bruno's original TriStar yet, but I would suggest the TWA recolor by LitNik (Post #6657) would probably be a better starting point as it would mostly just be a change of stripe color. http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/a...-l1011_twa.zip

No rush on this. Anytime anyone can fit it in for me. My fingers are next to useless now but I'll try my best to build it.

Last edited by JohnM; 03-09-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:16 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Bruno, I am trying to figure out where all the parts go. Would you please give us a
right side picture of the AN-2?

Many thanks!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-09-2019, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Set of pretty good pictures of AN-2:

Antonov An-2 Colt in Detail – IPMS Stockholm

or Google "An-2 Walkaround".Lots of even better pictures.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:56 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I can find plenty of pics. I am trying to match up Bruno's kit parts where they fit
on the aircraft.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-09-2019, 05:52 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Tri-Star Recolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Hi guys. Yep I'm still alive but not kickin' much now. I'm in a lot of pain, building very little and just monitoring on the side most days.

I thought my memory flight was completed some time ago now, but I find that I am still lacking an aircraft. Way, way back in post #12550 I asked for Bruno's BEA Trident to be recolored in RAF livery and in post #12736 TigerTony duly obliged. Cheers mate, very grateful.

However, as I said back then, I was very drunk on that final flight and didn't remember a lot about it other than it was a very wide cabin, but I've recently met up with an old pal who was on the same flight. He was convinced that it was a TriStar, not a Trident. On doing a little research I find that the Trident was narrow-bodied, went out of service quite some time before this 1992 flight, and it would seem that it never entered service with the RAF anyway ... The VC10 was the preferred option at the time. Turns out that the picture I supplied was a special request recolor for a Flight Simulator game.

Google is sooooo much cleverer nowadays and I've actually managed to finger the actual aircraft ... ZD951, an RAF TriStar K1 Passenger/tanker,

I haven't been able to put a finger on Bruno's original TriStar yet, but I would suggest the TWA recolor by LitNik (Post #6657) would probably be a better starting point as it would mostly just be a change of stripe color. http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/a...-l1011_twa.zip

No rush on this. Anytime anyone can fit it in for me. My fingers are next to useless now but I'll try my best to build it.
It´s very nice hear of you again Johnny!! You´re one of the first supporters in this Thread. I remember the Cold War Bombers builds!!
Well, the image that you have uploaded, belongs to a 2014 Tanker, so I´m going to do a research to find out what colours was wearing this plane back in 1992. Just give me a little bit of time. Regards,Tony.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Bruno, regards the An-2, your design talent is only exceeded by your generosity. Now, where did I put my virtual paintbrush.......
Old 03-09-2019, 06:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.28 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
And now, to thank all of you for your continuous patience with my ever changing topics and stubborn refusal to do requests, for the 3000th model in my list (at least the 1/100 scale list since I started counting):

a challenge for the community in the form of a FREE white version of a plane that saw around 18000 real ones build, with over 60 countries having used it, so many recolors possible,...

The Antonov An-2.

Please enjoy, build, recolor and share.

thanks... at least 3000 times.

Bruno

Bruno
I already deposit you for some models
regards

Tags
hornet, policía federal