PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-14-2014, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.15 GB
Bruno's Plane

Some of the recently completed papercrafts..

Bruno's planes are really one of a kind. It's like Christmas wish granted on time of summer..

Marvin
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-20140514-001.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-20140514-002.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-20140514-003.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 581.24 MB
Airspeed AS.57 Ambassador

Much fun on the build!
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-dscf3582.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-dscf3584.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-dscf3585.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 66.10 MB
Bruno, since your microplanes don't have landing gears, didn't you think of designing a simple, good looking, standard display stand for them? The minis would look even cooler that way I think
Old 05-14-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Airspeed AS.57 Ambassador
Much fun on the build!
Great job!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 581.24 MB
Thank You Lacc.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacc View Post
Bruno, since your microplanes don't have landing gears, didn't you think of designing a simple, good looking, standard display stand for them? The minis would look even cooler that way I think
How simple do you want to go?

These are simple paperclips. If you cut out the aircraft name from the template and poke the clip through it to hide the base area it looks quite cool.

Exemplary build on the Ambassador Sven. How do you keep them so clean?

Johnny.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:39 PM

JohnM, I haven't build any 1:300 models from Bruno yet, so I don't really know what is the average size of them, only saw pictures. I have an idea in my mind, but it needs a tryout first It's more complex compared to paperclips, a cut and fold type, just like the planes themselves.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Okay, you guys have gotten my interest to the point that I have to give these a try. Honestly they frighten me a bit because I am very poor at aircraft for some reason. I take it these would be better with a quality slightly heavier paper rather than going with cardstock, right?
Old 05-14-2014, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacc View Post
JohnM, I haven't build any 1:300 models from Bruno yet, so I don't really know what is the average size of them, only saw pictures. I have an idea in my mind, but it needs a tryout first It's more complex compared to paperclips, a cut and fold type, just like the planes themselves.
Before stating to use the paperclips and (Easily painted out) fine wire, I took an idea from Bruno and used these ....

They serve as sturdy stands, and are almost invisible.

VK, If you can successfully build little Knights in Armour, you can build these. I started off building them in 160 gsm cardstock, thinking my clumsy mitts would crush standard 80 gsm copy paper. I was quite successful, but when it came to the single seat fighters, it really was proving too thick. So I started using 80 gsm. Now I'm building everything from 80 gsm and the thinner paper makes much smaller steps at the tabbed joins.

Where possible I cut the tabs off and butt join with a backing tape, but in 1:300 scale this is quite often just not feasible, or even necessary.

G'won ... give 'em a go mate. You'll love 'em when you've mastered it, and then there's a huge back-catalog to work your way through.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
well since you asked, i go real simple. i cut down on water waste by using plastic ware to eat on, and break off the clear handles, glue them to bottle caps, and wala! a stand. since i usually photo my builds, i store that and then give the models to my friend's cat to tear apart, he really enjoys ripping them to shreds. but if you want a few hints, cutting the bottoms off bottles make a good raised dome for electronics, lids, caps and sealer lids inside a lid for medicine bottles, make good spacers. its just use twice, recycle thinking, but i think it helps even if the stress is relieved 1% about wasting things. ocd---actually cdo the way it should be spelled, alphabetically and in correct order!!!

Tags
hornet, policía federal