PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrahamrl View Post
If you check Herky thread no 3988 you will Find the list of Bruno also has ships
AVRAHAM
guess he didnt read that bit
Old 08-13-2014, 12:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
I do indeed have a few ships, but not that much. It was a little deviation from my normal building pattern out of curiosity. I'm not sure if I will do any other ship models.

(I'm at work, so I should not be answering on this site )
Bruno
Old 08-13-2014, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Hello Everyone,

Here is a Scissors and Planes SE5a that I upscaled to 1/87. This is one of Bruno's Overly expensive $1 planes. The fit was excellant as always. Not sure how many WW1 planes I can do as they are awfully small. I don't know how you all do the 1/300 scale versions. At my rate of 3 months per build, I have enough S&P 1$ models for the next 5 years, plus the 600 or so free ones......anyone got any spare time for me to use. Anyway, hope your enjoy. As always comments and critiques are welcome.

Darren
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-se5-2.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-se5-4.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-se5-5.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-se5-6.jpg  
Old 08-13-2014, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Hey Bruno I made a order for Walrus soon (I waiting new releases for made a more solid order)...
Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Hi Darren,
Model looking good to me. perhaps the lower wings should be attached a tiny bit lower so they get a (positive) dihedral. (I know: a dihedral is always positive, otherwise it would be an anhedral, but not everyone is aerodynamically literate in English )
WWI planes have all these "sticks" in between their wings which don't make them easy to build. After a while I actually attached the upper wing first to the fuselage, added the wing struts and then attached the lower wings one by one. that required less gluing points.

Péricles,
thanks for your interest. I'm planning on designing some more flying boats and floatplanes in the near future. So there will be some models you can acquire. Just give me a little time to design them (work has shifted to a very high gear and I'm usually too tired in the weekday evenings.)

Bruno
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Thanks Bruno. Perhaps I will cut and reattach the struts to make the lower wings get the proper dihedral. That was one of my learning points. 2 levels of wings is much harder than 1. I will keep your upper wing first tip handy on my next build.
Darren
Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Bruno my friend! Not worry. Is just a hobby. I intent made a custom A6M2-K and a Blackburn Skua soon. You models are amazing. I intent build for made a incentive and know about S&P
Old 08-14-2014, 12:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharrero View Post
Argentina had Corsairs in his Navy.
Dear Bruno and All:
Here is a simple recolor of the Corsair from the Armada Argentina, without the radar. I hope you like it. I am working in a Salvadorean Corsair that was camouflaged with yellow bands, since it was very confusing in the Football War to distinguish Hondurean and Salvadorean planes.
Happy modeling.
Pablo.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-f4u-armada-argentina-300.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 06:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 124.56 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
Hi Darren,
Model looking good to me. perhaps the lower wings should be attached a tiny bit lower so they get a (positive) dihedral. (I know: a dihedral is always positive, otherwise it would be an anhedral, but not everyone is aerodynamically literate in English )
WWI planes have all these "sticks" in between their wings which don't make them easy to build. After a while I actually attached the upper wing first to the fuselage, added the wing struts and then attached the lower wings one by one. that required less gluing points.

Péricles,
thanks for your interest. I'm planning on designing some more flying boats and floatplanes in the near future. So there will be some models you can acquire. Just give me a little time to design them (work has shifted to a very high gear and I'm usually too tired in the weekday evenings.)

Bruno
Great tip! I love Great War aircraft, but find them to be a huge challenge at any scale. Don't even get me started on rigging! isn't it interesting that the older the planes the more difficult they seeem to be to model (IMHO)!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
I posted them to the other thread but here are all the Phantom repaints I did.

- USMC F-4N, VMFA-323, 1980 (already posted)
- USMC F-4B, VMFA-323, 1967 (already posted)
- US Navy F-4B, VF-142, 1967
- US Navy F-4B, VF-92, 1968
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scissorandplanes-F-4B-N Phantom-1_300-us.pdf (131.7 KB, 625 views)

Tags
hornet, policía federal