PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Johnny,

I've been keeping an eye on Bruno's kits and will be looking for older planes for the "museum".

You are right about rearranging the buildings - at the moment they are arranged vertically, to save space ;-)

I'm also attaching a photo of some of the Sea King, this is the Minibox method of plane making.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-img_1057.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-img_1056.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
I'm amost through my reserve of 1/300 scale models. So I'll have to slow down a bit. I can't design as fast as that especially when I'm working (which seems like always )

In order to give you something, here is a "tabless" (and somewhat older) B737-800 model of a Ryanair plane.

In the meanwhile I try to complete a new model in my evenings and when I have enough energy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Boeing B737NG Ryanair Scissors and Planes.pdf (30.9 KB, 511 views)
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
I'm amost through my reserve of 1/300 scale models. So I'll have to slow down a bit.
Ummm, just off the top of my head, I've seen (and copied) pictures of a B52, a Badger, and a Beagle, that I've not seen the downloads offered yet. There are others too but not of interest me and probably bigger scale anyway.

Grateful as we are for these free downloads, please don't knock yourself out trying to satisfy the demand. Your health MUST come first, and I for one release you from the obligations of any rash promises made in the beginning.

You've more than proved your point and gained our humble respect. We all now KNOW that you are well capable of designing and building these things faster than any of us can keep up, just building them. So may I suggest that you slow down the pace, and maybe start to enjoy the builds more. These little beauties are way too small for my old eyes and hands, but boy am I enjoying the challenges they are giving me.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.

PS: Very little progress on the Bison. Took a while figuring out HOW to make the engines. I could see what was required, but figuring out how to persuade the card to do it stretched the old grey cells a bit, but the first half of one is complete. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Ummm, just off the top of my head, I've seen (and copied) pictures of a B52, a Badger, and a Beagle, that I've not seen the downloads offered yet. There are others too but not of interest me and probably bigger scale anyway.

Grateful as we are for these free downloads, please don't knock yourself out trying to satisfy the demand. Your health MUST come first, and I for one release you from the obligations of any rash promises made in the beginning.

You've more than proved your point and gained our humble respect. We all now KNOW that you are well capable of designing and building these things faster than any of us can keep up, just building them. So may I suggest that you slow down the pace, and maybe start to enjoy the builds more. These little beauties are way too small for my old eyes and hands, but boy am I enjoying the challenges they are giving me.

PS: Very little progress on the Bison. Took a while figuring out HOW to make the engines. I could see what was required, but figuring out how to persuade the card to do it stretched the old grey cells a bit, but the first half of one is complete. Maybe tomorrow.
Thanks Johnny

- for the list of models missing. (I was afraid my reserve had dried out)
- for the consideration with my health.
- for the absolution you gave me.
- for the kind words and the respect. (Although I rather do it for the fun, my own and that of others)

And don't worry, I enjoy building these models (fast).
Old 11-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Mike,

I stumbled upon this a couple of days ago and downloaded it just for the choppers. I haven't made any or even printed it out yet.

It's in 1:300 scale. Let me know if you're interested.

Johnny.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:07 PM

I've had a few inquiries about the USS Independence model above ...

I couldn't remember where I found it, but I've now had another mooch around ... It's here ...

USS Independence/1:300/made by Rawen and MT :: .

Old 11-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Hi,

I just received a building question on the middle struts of the 1&1/2 strutter model. So for those who try out the model, the middle struts should be scored lengthwise to make them double and scored several times (along the grey lines) in the other direction so you can make them into a W-shape. The struts must not be cut in different pieces.

That is actually what makes this plane unique and what gave it it's name.

Here are a few pictures that might clarify.

S&P
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-p1100755.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1100756.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 03:00 PM

Err

'Scuse the ignorance but why's it called a 1&1/2 strutter?
I can count 12 of them.

Johnny.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thanks Johnny,
Not only did you start me off with an airport - now I'll have to start a heli museum as well ;-)))

BTW there's loads of 1:250 on the same site - should be worth while scalling them to 300 as well.....

Mike
Old 11-20-2013, 03:55 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thanks for the Sopwith pics, Bruno. All is clear now.

Tags
hornet, policía federal