PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.10 GB
As someone who has too many hobbies, 1/87 aircraft would be great in or above an HO train layout!

Dave
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparral2d View Post
As someone who has too many hobbies, 1/87 aircraft would be great in or above an HO train layout!

Dave
Who doesn't have too many hobbies?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Heck my buddy says my hobby is collecting hobbies!

My Drawings
Old 08-29-2013, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 323.80 MB
Anyone else wish for an HO C-97 Stratofreighter?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Yes there is, ME!! LOL, and others, need to pester Aaron to continue working the one he started.
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
I know what mean about too many hobbies but I think in my case it is too many interests. I'd love to also do models of trucks, trains and ships. Someday I'm determined to try to do a paper steam locomotive model. So many models, so little time.

Perhaps I will reduce one of the Opel Blitz trucks I did for Fiddlers Green to HO scale and see how it looks.

I am planning to do some more trucks to complement the B-17s.

Once I get the B-17s rolling, one of the things I'd like to do is a set of "hanger queens". These could be adapted for use on flat bed rail cars, especially if you are modeling a wartime German layout. I've seen several photos of B-17 fuselages on German flat cars headed to the scrap yard.

Of course a C-97 Stratofrieghter would mean a Boeing 377 Stratocruiser. That would be a very nice companion piece to the Stratoliner.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 94.36 MB
Howdy John!
H0 has been "my" (exclusive) scale for all those years I've been modeling, what with space even more limited than time, and I have downloaded a lot of stuff, buildings, ships, boats, and, yes, planes, too, for rescaling "by and by," but have (predictably) never gotten to it. Your idea is GREAT, gooder'n grits with gravy on a Sunday morning, and fresh, hot coffee with it!
I just can't wait to see whatever you may come up with; maybe that's going to give me that extra boost ...
Keep up the good work ... and THANKS!
(Some folks have been calling me "crazy," and they may well be right; after all, it's the only thing that keeps me from going completely insane. Now, however, I know for sure it ain't just me ...)
Greetings from Poznan, Poland!
- Tex
Old 08-31-2013, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.44 MB
Send a message via AIM to Cybermac Send a message via MSN to Cybermac
Cool 1:87

Well well well...

1:87 - was my first concern for paper model design:-)
Long long time ago I made some easy paper airplanes in HO scale, as one of my dreams was a big diorama with model railway. One of them is A-4E on the photo...

SGOTI -B-737 fuselage - should be ready sometime as I am trying to finish my 737 design.

Regards to all of you gentleman!

Cybermac
Attached Thumbnails
HO scale aircraft?-dsc01788-copy-.jpg  
Old 08-31-2013, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
John,

Speaking of 1/72, I scaled down a FG balloon and put Preiser railroad station people in the balloon basket. One of the conductors has his arm up and looks like he's holding onto the ropes. I've got two of the platform passenger ladies as guests on board looking out over the "countryside" and my HO scale train.

I was intending a diorama with one of the FG Lighthouses and finding a bandstand gazebo and probably their spad outside of a hanger but the size of the lighthouse at 1/72 or 1/87 scale is like the size of a Saturn Rocket.

I've only completed the balloon but didn't post pics it because the printout came out really bad. Not the FG graphics, but printer error. The blue was running out and it gave me elliptical swaths of green and white the length of the balloon from top to bottom. I used my Berol markers but it doesn't quite match so it's time for a redo.

As for the scaling of the FG opel Blitz that I've done. Using the flat German figure graphic supplied, I used Photoshop to scale the sheet making the figure 1". It tends to look more 1/87 but I'm content with how it looks with other military figures/buildings. I have an old Airfix kit so it looks very close to the same size.

Jeff
Old 09-01-2013, 01:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.34 MB
There is a pay site that has hundreds of paper modles from 1:87 to 1:32's. If anyone is interested. It has anything from planes military vehicles, buildings, dioramas and railway models.
Google Adsense