Hello,

here are some others

Mirage from ojimak 1/144
MiG & Sabres and the others from FG 1/200

Me 262 from FG is 1/400

enjoy
René
Attached Thumbnails
Small scales-digcam-19.02.09-008.jpg   Small scales-digcam-19.02.09-006.jpg   Small scales-digcam-19.02.09-012.jpg   Small scales-digcam-19.02.09-014.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Looks like an interesting small sized air fleet selection from Fiddlers Green, pretty good work in such small scales.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Old 02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Cool! I love seeing these little airplanes. In high school, I was building the Wilhelmshavener Forrestal and had built at least one of each of the different airplanes included at 1/250 scale. I wish I still had it, but when I graduated and went to college I decided I was done with modelling and she went into the garbage, probably almost 1/2 way completed. One day I'd like to do another carrier, although probably WW2 US Pacific fleet this time. It's a ways down the road because I've got so many other projects I want to do first though.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:33 PM

LOL - Dan, if you want to relive those high school days I can fix you up with a Wilhelmshavener Forrestal (complete with little-bitty planes.) Of course you have to promise to finish it this time! The Forrestal and the United States were a couple of my first paper models back in the 80s when I first started building paper models. I worked at Newport News Shipbuilding (the builder of both) at the time and built them at work on my lunch hours. They never failed to gather an audience during lunch and each one was given to fellow workers. I have unbuilt copies of both of them but will probably never build them again. They are fun to break out and drool over, though.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Well Ron, I actually was just talking to Rick and told him I was really getting nostalgic to re-build my first paper kit - the Wilhelmshavener F4 Phantom. I don't have the space right now to consider building the Forrestal again - but someday I might. I remember the towing tractors being a pain and having one plane that sat in it's tail even at that scale. Not much else at this point - although it always amazed people to see the lift be able to move up and down when everything was 'just paper'.
I've got such a stack of things I want to build already, including the Wilhelmshavener Bismark and the Modelik Scud launcher (along with a very nice Orlik Skot R3M that I picked up somewhere {from you} for cheap including laser frames) - and that's in addition to a growing stack of Halinski planes. Plus I'm really itching to jump into a Black Widow build soon. Oh to win the lottery and be able to retire to a life of golfing and modelling...
(Sorry for the sidetrack Rene...)
Old 02-19-2009, 02:55 PM

Dan, when you are ready to do the P-61 (Gremir, I assume) let me know. Maybe we can try a dual build with different versions...just an idle thought. This is my last hijack of this thread.