PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale

Ok, remember, I am new at this, but here is my 1st attempt at a relatively small scale plane. This is the second plane that I have done, the first was a 1:32 scale ME-109, from Fiddlers Green, I think. This 1:72 scale plane was a free download, and I had to repaint it do to the printer running low on ink. I also ended up cutting the wings in half and adding some wooden dowel inner reenforcemets and gluing the wings to the body. I was not sure how the model was designed originaly. Also, there was no prop included in the down load so I copied on from another 1:72 model that used a three bladed prop. Over all, this plane was harder then the larger Fiddlers green model, but a good learning experience. I am now doing a Spanish flown 1938 Stuka in 1:72 scale, so we will see how it gose. I just bought some models from emodelers.com and can hardly wait to do those! New ink first thow.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-italy-1.jpg   Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-italy2.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 PM

Smile

I started my small J-87 Stuka. I think that I have over complicated a simple model. Although there was no cutting lines I cut the air brakes loose from the wings so I could place them below and separated from the wing. I also added some cardboard struts to thicken the wing and give it a cross section more like a real wing. I had to cut and glue the wing to give it the gull wing look. The fixed wheels look a bit off to me, but I am using them any how. Lastly, I am making a prop for it. Like my other model, this one has no prop included. I will not complain though, as this was a free down load and pretty eazy so far. I will also add a rear gun, bomb, bomb guide, and wing cannons. We shall see how it turns out.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.36 MB
That Itallian fighter looks like it is hand drawn. Did it come form the Hungarian site? If so, I think you did a fine job with it. I built the I-16 Rata from that site and it took a lot of tweaking to make it fit together. Never could figure out the landing gear.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:53 AM

Gwssms,
I can not find out were I got these from. They cam in a bunch of free down loads. The only name other then the title of the model is "By Edi" and the date made. I also have a French fighter from 1940 by Edi as well. Over all, these are simple models, almost too simple to get looking right. The Stuka I am working on is looking real good, but I did a lot of cutting and rearranging on it. There are no instructions an these models, so may be that was the designers intent. The 1940 French fighter actually has a one piece body, the cockpit, cowling and shape are made by little cuts and bends, and folding in the right places. Again, a simple plan, but hard to exicute!, One at a time thogh...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Am I right in thinking that this is the Stuka you are working on?
Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-stc_0566.jpg
If so, then you probably got it and the others from the Cardmodels downloads.
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 AM

Chris,
Hay that is the one, but mine didn't come with a prop. That looks good. Like I said, good models, but such a smal scale is proving a bit hard for me, but the Stuka is coming out a bit better then the Italian fighter, so I must be improving!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:29 PM

I bit of research and I found out that the J-87s in Spain did have the funky "pants" and the landing gear and hand no cannons. I am almost done with this fine little model. I am liking it much better then the Italian fighter I made, but perhaps I am just getting more comfortable with the model making.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
The JU-87A is one of my very favorite designs and this is the only model of it that has ever been done in paper, as far as I know. Kind of surprising for a plane that had several hundred built and which operated in two wars and even saw limited service on the Eastern Front in WWII!
Please post a photo of your build when get a chance.
Chris
Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM

I am about done, but I have to cut a prop. I a pretty sure that this has a three bladed prop. The dive brakes look pretty good all things considered. Now that I am getting a feel for making paper models I will probably reprint these models on proper card stock with good ink, and give them another try. I am pleased so far with my Stuka, but I know it could look so much better. That is what I love about card modeling, you always have another shot! I should have some pictures up some time today.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM

OK, here is the Stuka. I got lazy and did not do the bomb or cradle, but it still looks good. The color is off a bit do to my stubborn printer, and you can see a few mistakes I made. I should have taken more time with the landing gear, and I think that the air brakes should have been a bit closer to the wings, but I am happy with this second small plane.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-stuka1.jpg   Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-stuka2.jpg   Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-stuka3.jpg   Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-stuka4.jpg   Italian Fighter in 1:72 scale-stuka5.jpg  

Google Adsense