PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile My new project of long duration- The Seaplanes and Airboat Collection

Hi friends !

I started another project in the area of interest , which is a collection of airboats , seaplanes and amphibians from all eras , they are civilians or military in constant 1/100 scale , the collection does not have a single theme within himself , drawing from the aircraft of pioner era , before World War I to modern models or the few contemporary civil aircraft and jet airboats.

To reach that goal , I'm worth everything, scratch , conversions , repainting , but buld directly reduced to 1/100 . I have in recent months acquired magazines and e -models on the theme .

Rapidly introduce models that already have this sub - collection with the topics here in papermodelers.com

1. Convair F2Y - The Convair F2Y was developed as a supersonic air superiority fighter in the form of a airboat , is one of the fastest airboat have developed to date . This model is the Fiddlers Green and was built for the contest Fiddlers Green Modeling Madness .

FGMM Convair F2Y Sea Dart in 1/100 scale

2. Yokosuka E14Y - The E14Y was a small seaplane designed to be carried by submarines being rapidly assembled and disassembled and staying in a small hangar on the deck of some classes of Japanese submarines . The E14Y has the distinction of being the only aircraft of the Axis have managed to bomb the continental United States during World War II . This model is a scratchbuilding , and soon I make a new improved version.

Scratchbuilding Yokosuka E14Y Gleen in 1/100 scale

3. Grumman Windgeon - The Windgeon was a small amphibian designed by Grumman for the civilian market in the second half of the 30s . It was widely used during World War II to patrol, transport , ambulance for the allied nations . And were very popular after the Second World War on the civilian market . The model is Oddball

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/18248-grumman-windgeon-1-100-scale.html

4. Fairey IIIF The III series is a derivative improved from WWI Fairey Campania I it was the 1st aircraft in the world designed to be operated from aircraft carriers . Considered one of the most important British aircraft of the interwar period. The Fairey III family had several developments and has been used by a large number of nations , with a great variety of plants and have versions with wheels and floats . The specimen pictured here is a Fairey III of the Portuguese Navy , and this exemplary " Santa Cruz " made ​​the final crossing of the trip Lisbon - Rio de Janeiro by the South Atlantic Ocean in 1922 . This model is the editor Lad N Dad , and for me it was repainted in the colors of this historic aircraft.

Fairey IIID Av. Naval Portuguesa "Santa Cruz" in 1/100 scale (Lad N Dad Repaint)

5. Consolidated PBY - 5 - The Catalina was the Airboat / Amphibian most produced in history , was designed in the second half of the 1930s and was widely used during World War II by the Allies . Was produced in the thousands . After the war it was used by various military and civilian operators until the 70s . The Catalina represented here is a repaint of Marek 's kit. Arara , the most famous Catalina FAB responsible for the sinking of U-199 off the coast of Rio de Janeiro in 1942.

PBY-5 Catalina "Arara" Repaint 1/100 scale

6. Curtiss Condor - The CT - 32 Condor was for some time the most modern commercial aircraft in the world, but was quickly superseded by other Americans as the Boeing 247 and DC-2/3 , was produced in small quantities. Loading a second version was designed specifically for this purpose , making it the world's first aircraft designed specifically to carry a load bulky. Only one Condor was built to operate with wheels / floats precisely this , the subject of the model that represents an aircraft used by Admiral Byrd on his Antarctic exploration . Oddball editor .

Curtiss Wright Condor build in 1/100 scale

7. Dornier Do- 18 - The Dornier Do 18 was a natural successor from Dornier Wal , an advanced ( for the time) airboat had numerous civilian and military versions , being operated by many navies and civilian companies in the 1930's Keeping the same configuration of the Wal, model 18 was originally designed as a postal plane to connect the Americas to Germany, but the advancement of the militarization of Germany quickly converted into a maritime patrol aircraft such exemplary D1 version used by the Luftwaffe in 1939 in Kiel . This model is originally from Modelcard , (actually reprinted by Modelik). I repainted and fix the old model Modelcard in GIMP and Photoshop.

Dornier Do-18D-1 1/100 scale
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2013, 01:00 PM

8. Seversky SEV 3M-WW

The SEV-3M-WW (from Military and Water) is one of variants of convoy fighter made in small numbers for many operators (URSS, Spain, Colombia, Japan) is a very close design with BT-8 Trainer and P-35/EP-1 Fighter. My model is a repaint from Der Kampfflieger, with some kitbashing from Duck and Lockheed Sirius from Fiddlersgreen. The vesion represent a patrol/convoy fighter from Colombian Air Force.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.87 GB
Beautiful and interesting collection.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Interesting collection you have there. I hope there's many more to follow.

I too have collected quite a few, but haven't found the time to start building them yet. Mine are all Flying boats though. Dunno why, but I've always loved them. Probably stems from visiting Short Brothers, as a boy, when they were building the Princesses, but, for some reason, Sea Planes (Float-planes) haven't grabbed my interest at all.

If you come up with something that I haven't got, I'll be chasing you for a URL reference. Let me know if you want it, and I'll PM you a list of what I have stashed.

Johnny.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Nice start.

I hope you plan on including the Sikorsky S-38 and S-39 flying Boats. 2 of the most beautiful amphibious aircraft ever designed.

Looking forward to this thread.

Swampfox
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2013, 06:03 PM

Thank's my friends!

The intention is made the most possible about the subject.

Swampfox, I intent build both S38 and S39, is a great kit from Fiddlers Green and I remenber you amazing work in S38.

JohnM

I have many subjects of theme, many are commercial kits, mainly from Ecardmodels, tell me about you list.

Soon more news...
Old 10-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Great project - and an nice survey of several model designers. Well done on your own graphic repaints.
Yogi
Old 10-31-2013, 02:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Indeed a very impressive collection.
Thanks for sharing

S&P
Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is an excellent project, Péricles.

Don
Old 10-31-2013, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Exquisite modeling, Pericles - I hope to be able to give you two more subjects in the near future...

Leif
Google Adsense

Tags
1/100, airboat, aircraft, hidroplane