PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-02-2013, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile Oddball Mitsubishi Ki-30 "Ann" in 1/100 scale

Well my friends!

Another nice addition to my collection in 1/100 scale, this time is the japanese tactical bomber Mitsubishi Ki-30 "Ann". A sleek low-wing aircraft and fixed landing gear, which was one of the first Japanese aircraft with modern features like internal bomb bay, variable pitch propeller, flaps bled and complete radio equipment, which included radio-navigation.

Used in China in 1930's and the early stages of WWII, "Ann" also know by AVG pilots as Nagoya is a modern bomber, but is obsolete and outclassed in WWII.

The model Oddball is just excellent. The fittings are very good and the final appearance of the model is exactly the real plane. The detail of the textures is also very nice, keeping the panel lines with delicacy and finesse that even on a small scale as 1/100 are evident. The original scale is 1/43 but easily reducible or widen to more current modeling scales.

The choice of subject is also fascinating, why these Japanese aircraft of the period between the wars wide attention when assembled, either by its color or design.

With ODB Ki-10 in same scale.

I take a risk , since he , the designer , the artist behind these amazing models , my friend Aaron asked me not to talk at any time ( and I think he can also speak for him ) , but the truth is that he is discouraged in designing new models , because of the low level of sales .

Considering all the history behind and the things that our friend has passed , a member of this forum and a person of prominence in the papermodelling scene , I humbly ask you again to our community " take a strength," supporting the Oddball ! Ask for our tenants : Ecardmodels , Fiddlers Green and others who may be interested in selling e- models from the extensive catalog of the Oddball , who looks fondly and make available new releases quickly.

It is worth remembering that many models have only Oddball in catalog and not a few exclusives ! Among the latest releases unique , stand out from the 377 family, Martin PBM Mariner , Tupolev Tu- 16 and Tu- 104 in addition to other models in design .

The philosophy of the models designed by Aaron takes into account the complexity of the forms of an aircraft in their assembly are simplified without losing the essence of their main forms . I like to say that the models are of Oddball : " Fiddlers Green on steroids " , not using formers transforms Oddball models on interesting challenges , in addition to allowing all possible customizations and additions to the taste of the modeler .

Thank you for your attention.
Google Adsense
Old 12-02-2013, 11:51 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very nice model. It came out beautifully. It's a tough market out there for any new venture. I hate to say it, but I think that the sheer vastness of available card models has reached the point where it's difficult for any individual designer to make much money, no matter how talented they are. And there are more talented designers joining the ranks all the time. You want a Mustang or a Spitfire, there's probably a hundred of them to choose from, and only one designer will get your money. If the specific livery you want isn't available (yet), you can do what more and more modelers are doing and use Photoshop, or Paintshop Pro, etc to create it yourself. And then there's the freebies. Many of them are really pretty good. Ecardmodels is having a cyber monday sale, hopefully that will help all our great designers.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
very nice model and good work on it.

YOAV
Old 12-02-2013, 04:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Wow!! I didn't know Aaron was working on a Ki-30. Nice work Pericles. How big is the KI-30 against the KI-10!

About the sales the point is sad to hear that but I think the universe of card-modelers is still limited. It's difficult to make an income from selling models.
More a lot of time the card modeler has limited money availability and the offer is big. In my case I use to expend more money on models but not now. The difficult economic situation on Argentina is hitting me hard.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Great job o the Ki-30 (and the Ki-10).

I have to say, that I have purchased the Ki-30, along with about 10 other of Aaron's recent releases. When I add those to the E-card purchases of Nobi's and AirDave's, along with other fantastic designers and re-painters, I have enough models to keep e busy for many years to come.

However, I still make purchases on a regular basis to try my best to keep these guys going.

I do believe that we need to somehow market this hobby as an inexpensive and flexible alternative to "the 'P' word".

Thanks,
Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense
Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Very good work. It's hard to make a living doing anything and that's life.

Papermate
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
You small-scale guys are so incredibly good at what you do! - L.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:53 AM

Smile

Thank's for support my friends!

Alcides

I hope build you Ki-30 too, another plane with camouflage scheme is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
Wow!! I didn't know Aaron was working on a Ki-30. Nice work Pericles. How big is the KI-30 against the KI-10!

About the sales the point is sad to hear that but I think the universe of card-modelers is still limited. It's difficult to make an income from selling models.
More a lot of time the card modeler has limited money availability and the offer is big. In my case I use to expend more money on models but not now. The difficult economic situation on Argentina is hitting me hard.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
Thank's for support my friends!

Alcides

I hope build you Ki-30 too, another plane with camouflage scheme is very good.

Of course we can have more than a design for the Ki-30 and my design is very different than the Aaron. I unrolling the parts on this days.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:17 AM

Nice! I hope you made a camoufled version or Thai...
Google Adsense

Tags
betabuild, japanese, ki-30, oddball