PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-19-2013, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build

Collapsing under the extreme mental anguish of a barrage of pleas from Chris (more Cessna) Gutzmer, I agreed to do a trial build (and thread) of Julius Perdana's new model. This is to happen during the high stress environment of the season's holiday activity plus visitations from my offspring and grand-offspring plus too much Evan Williams Eggnog. Unable to face all this I decided to do what I was trained to do - DELEGATE! So, while this build appears under my byline, I have actually imposed upon my close friend (OldTroll) to do the actual build. He doesn't celebrate any of the season's holidays (other than eating the occasional gingerbread person of unspecified gender) so he has plenty of time and vanilla pudding on his hands (a tale not for telling here.) I promised Chris it would be done in the near future or pretty soon or certainly before the summer solstice but we shall see...

Please direct all laudatory remarks to the designer and/or yours truly. Direct all criticisms, razzies, crank calls and flames to the OldTroll and I will see that he gets them.

The build will commence anon, as soon as I find my camera.

Happy holidays (of all persuasions) to you all - and remember, there's always Festivus for the rest of us.
Google Adsense
Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Will be following this build with interest pending its release...the O-2 is a much neglected aircraft in all scales and in will be great to finally have one available in a large scale...
Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeboy View Post
collapsing under the extreme mental anguish of a barrage of pleas from chris (more cessna) gutzmer, i agreed to do a trial build (and thread) of julius perdana's new model. This is to happen during the high stress environment of the season's holiday activity plus visitations from my offspring and grand-offspring plus too much evan williams eggnog. Unable to face all this i decided to do what i was trained to do - delegate! So, while this build appears under my byline, i have actually imposed upon my close friend (oldtroll) to do the actual build. He doesn't celebrate any of the season's holidays (other than eating the occasional gingerbread person of unspecified gender) so he has plenty of time and vanilla pudding on his hands (a tale not for telling here.) i promised chris it would be done in the near future or pretty soon or certainly before the summer solstice but we shall see...

Please direct all laudatory remarks to the designer and/or yours truly. Direct all criticisms, razzies, crank calls and flames to the oldtroll and i will see that he gets them.

The build will commence anon, as soon as i find my camera.

Happy holidays (of all persuasions) to you all - and remember, there's always festivus for the rest of us.
hahahahaaaahahahaha!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
LOVE 1;24 scale
Old 12-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
I didnt beg THAT much - but maybe close
Old 12-21-2013, 04:38 PM

I finally found my camera but OldTroll hadn't waited for me to start building. Fortunately, he made these sketches as he worked so all is well

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-001.jpg Front end. The bit to the side is the insert for the right side of the cowling. Remember to fold with painted side inward!

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-002.jpg This section has the nose wheel well - again, fold the wheel well with the painted side inwards.

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-003.jpg Wheel well has been folded and is ready for insertion.

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-004.jpg The three front end sections prior to gluing. Again, the spare bit is the insert for the right side of the cowl face.

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-005.jpg The nose section assembled. OldTroll burnished some of his bad joins after making this sketch and they do look a bit better.

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-006.jpg Propeller assembly temporarily in place.

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-007.jpg Instrument panel assembly and the cabin floorboard. The bit to the side are the control wheels.

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-008.jpg First seat in place.

Cessna O-2A in 1:24 scale - trial build-009.jpg Seat headrest has been added, as well as safety harness. The electronics rack frame is temporarily setting in place. The control wheels have been added to the instrument panel.

OldTroll is favorably impressed by the design to this point. Part outlines are thin and the builder should cut on the line. Laminated formers should be cut to remove the outline (thicker on these parts.) Fit of all parts has been excellent and assembly has been within my clumsy friend's limited capabilities. With care and patience this model should be within the range of most builders capabilities.

While OldTroll charges onward, I have relatives visiting for the next few days accompanied by various over-indulgences. Hopefully there will be another progress report late this coming week.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
looking great so far
Old 12-21-2013, 08:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
As a former O2-A crew chief.I hope this kit will be available for purchase in the not too distant future.Im chomping a the bit to tackle this kit.She was a good dependable girl.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
If I read right, this is an Enlargement of the FREE
Cessna O-2A kit from paper-replica (dot) com
Old 12-21-2013, 09:21 PM

Perhaps Chris or Julius can answer Edsel's question - I cannot.
Google Adsense