Old 12-28-2018, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This one looks right!

Don
Old 12-29-2018, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Agreed. Harks back to one of the oldest modelling maxims: If it LOOKS right then it probably IS right.
As an aside (and no intent to hijack the excellent thread) when I was a kid building plastic models, I was building one that had Invasion Stripes. I carefully masked off the white and black stripes so the edges were straight. Then my late father saw it and remarked that when he helped paint Invasion Stripes on the aircraft at Bovingdon, the AAF base he was stationed at in Britain, the stripes weren't precise because they just slopped paint on with brushes and brooms or whatever else they had the night before D-Day.

I suppose in the days and weeks that followed, they masked when they painted the stripes, but a lot of the aircraft that flew the day of the invasion had sloppy stripes.

So yeah, rivet-counters aside, if looking "right" is usually just fine.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
I once saw a splendid diorama at an IPMS Nationals of a ground crew turning perfectly finished aircraft into the ridiculously over weathered caricatures that some plast peeps do.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 12-31-2018, 01:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Thank you very much, Patrick! Like everyone says, your SE5 is good the way it is. But if you don't mind, I could use a 1/100 scale black and white line version in PNG format. I'll send you a PM with my email address, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_craft View Post
Old colors are usualy difficult to reproduce now for many reasons. May be my choice is not the best choice...

I have friend who make old historic costumes for a TV serie about painting (Renoir, Monet and many other). They try to repoduce paintings with actors. Choosing the right color for a dress or a hat is often a big problem because there are many photographies of a given painting and they have have all different colors !
The right color is always a problem !!! Same problem in printing...

Of course IFuente you have the permission. May be I can send you the original file, in vector graphic, so you can change the colors and choose the scale too... ?