PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-17-2014, 05:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Who knows about this LET Z-37 Cmelak kit?

I am looking for the origin and author's whereabout for a kit I found on the internet. It's a 1/48 scale kit of the agricultural aircraft LET Z-37 Cmelak. The kit contains two versions, OM-NJS und HA-MGS, and the graphics are very detailed, even if there aren't such a lot of parts. The text is in German.

I've learned from other helpful people that the author is one Atanas Petkov, and I've got an email address, which probably is old & defunct, since there hasn't been any answer for several days.

Here are images of the cover, instructions, and some details from the part pages:

Who knows about this LET Z-37 Cmelak kit?-papier-modell-let-z-37a-cmelak-s-1.jpg Who knows about this LET Z-37 Cmelak kit?-papier-modell-let-z-37a-cmelak-s-4.jpg Who knows about this LET Z-37 Cmelak kit?-fuselage-detail.jpg Who knows about this LET Z-37 Cmelak kit?-wing-detail.jpg Who knows about this LET Z-37 Cmelak kit?-cockpit-detail.jpg

As you can see, the graphics are very good, and what's more, they are in vector/pdf format, which means I can work on it, enlarging, adding, etc., without any loss of quality.

I am familiar with the exquisit Orlik LET Z-37 Cmelak model by "Ripper", and I have bought that:

Who knows about this LET Z-37 Cmelak kit?-05.jpg

However, I couldn't work on that model and share the work, since it is a printed, commercial model. On the other hand, if I get in contact with Atanas Petkov, and get his permission, I could work on his model and share the result.

Which is the reason I'm asking for help.

You may wonder where I got the model. Off the internet is all I can say, most likely an illegit source. I wish to do the right thing by the author, if nothing else, so I'm hoping for help here. I've raised the question in two German paper modeling forums, so this is my last resort. (And I've searched for Atanas Petkov as well, of course, but it is a common Bulgarian name it seems, and nothing immediately promising turned up.)

Leif

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 01-17-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Google Adsense