PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter 1 View Post
Oh I meant I only see some body sections that look the same.
Probably about 80% or more new parts

The original looks to be the Wilhelmshaven model.
Might be hard to locate one.

G1

good for you.

YOAV
Old 01-18-2014, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 46.13 MB
Yoav, I've read the thread. Thanks for your time and photo's, comments, explanations.

Looks like the same arguments are used as with your splendid f4. Am I right ?

Now, what I would like to say is, without opening the f4 discussion all over again, that
- you changed an existing 1:50 mirage model to a repainted and 40% enhanced IAF model.
- from this enhanced 1:50 mirage IAF model you created a Kfir model, changed almost 30%
- you did not use an existing Kfir model, but your redrawn and repainted Kfir
- then, from this 1:50 Kfir model you started to REDRAW this model to 1:32, and changed/enhanced this model, including the inner bulkheads, strenghteners, a.s.o. You stated that you changed more than 80%.
- so, a model results that no longer has any resemblance to the original mirage: you changed 40, 30 and 80%.
I am no whizkid in math, but there is nothing from the original mirage kit left.
It has been a lengthy and creative process, for which you deserve credit.

In my mind you have to be applauded VERY loudly for your exquisite work and not be challenged. You created a beautiful Kfir.
I tried to buy the original kit. I did not find the original mirage kit. Maybe I did not search thoroughly enough...

It will take legal fine grinders to interpret the law. But then again: which law is applicable ? :-)
I respect the fact that designers should be rewarded and be rewarded for their work. Certainly !

So my friend, I think our community sees and applauds your creativity, patience, attention to detail, your knowlegde of the plane created.

When the fine grinders come up with a legal plan to avoid this problems in the future, state clear when a design canbe accepted as new or not, it would be VERY welcome. And hopefully end these discussions....

Sorry, I've made it to long... and my english leaves a lot to be desired...
Old 01-18-2014, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
YOAV - nobody is my answer. I believe every designer uses various sources for starting points: technical drawings, previous model designs, plastic kits whatever they got in their hands. This is your design and you can do whatever you want with it - which is of course share it if you wish so and let others build too. My two cents to this issue.

Tappi
hopefully that will silence the critics and doubters on here.people should wait for facts before assuming or thinking they know.its a fantastic model and i only hope the dtractors havent put you off the idea of either selling it through ecards mayby or putting it on here as download to let all benefit from it.it should certainly be allowed on the basis of the time and work you have put into it
Old 01-18-2014, 10:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Quote:
I'm not going to get overly involved with what you should or should not do. There are enough trolls posting on this forum that will tear good work to shreds.
If you have to resort to flaming whenever someone dares to express an opinion that does not exactly coincide with your own you must be feeling incredibly insecure about the validity of your own ideas. Or perhaps you feel that bullying supercedes the need for rationality.

I have not attempted to shred anyones work.
It is my opinion that to claim to have produced an original work a designer must have produced the developed shapes that make up the finished model from their own efforts and not from the adaptation of other peoples' work. Very few people have the inate ability to visualise what is needed and even fewer the training and skills to do it.* Hopefully YOAVHOZMI will learn to move on to being an original designer and have his own sets of shapes on which to apply his excellent graphics.
Meanwhile YOAVHOZMI has not made a claim to have made an original design. My point is that the claim should not be made for him by others.
(Even if they would like another freebie )

*If you doubt the difficulties involved in designing check out the response to a current request for enlightenment at Designing Models
Old 01-18-2014, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Hello All,

Here's where you can find the original model used,

Wilhelmshaven, Model Kits, Handcraft, Paper models, Card Models, Paper Engineering,

Let's show them some support

G1
Google Adsense
Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 PM

For any who may be interested, here is a free download from Fiddler's Green.
It's by Rob Carleen on how to design by hand.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/TUTORIA...g-the-FJ-1.zip

I used his method depicted there to design my Roland C.II
Very good information.

Let us please get along here.
I do not want to see flames again.

Have a great day :D

G1
John
Old 01-18-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter 1 View Post
For any who may be interested, here is a free download from Fiddler's Green.
It's by Rob Carleen on how to design by hand.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/TUTORIA...g-the-FJ-1.zip

I used his method depicted there to design my Roland C.II
Very good information.

Let us please get along here.
I do not want to see flames again.

Have a great day :D

G1
John
good work my friend.
thanks for sharing with us.

YOAV
Old 01-18-2014, 11:39 PM

My pleasure friend

G1
John
Old 01-18-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice View Post
If you have to resort to flaming whenever someone dares to express an opinion that does not exactly coincide with your own you must be feeling incredibly insecure about the validity of your own ideas. Or perhaps you feel that bullying supercedes the need for rationality.

I have not attempted to shred anyones work.
It is my opinion that to claim to have produced an original work a designer must have produced the developed shapes that make up the finished model from their own efforts and not from the adaptation of other peoples' work. Very few people have the inate ability to visualise what is needed and even fewer the training and skills to do it.* Hopefully YOAVHOZMI will learn to move on to being an original designer and have his own sets of shapes on which to apply his excellent graphics.
Meanwhile YOAVHOZMI has not made a claim to have made an original design. My point is that the claim should not be made for him by others.
(Even if they would like another freebie )

*If you doubt the difficulties involved in designing check out the response to a current request for enlightenment at Designing Models
my friend maurice.....i have been there.

maby you forget another model of mine that i designed from nothing and i am talking about the CLARK.

this is a model i took a pictures of him from a lot of views and drew it by hand and than by computer.

some picture to refresh your memory

Old 01-18-2014, 11:54 PM

and more reference pictures.

Google Adsense
Closed Thread