PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-04-2014, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
was a touching update on tvnz news this week.its taken nz government since 1979 but they have finally tracked down the four US navy helicopter pilots that carried out most of the victim recovery work at the crash site and given them medals for their work.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:58 AM

bumping this for a freind
Old 08-03-2017, 01:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
Question guys.Are there any templates around for display stands suitable for airliners.I want to mount this aircraft with wheels down.I have paper-replikas air force one so i could use the wood effect stand that comes with that if i need to.Just thinking with all the airliners appearing on here and other sites there could be a market for them.I know zeist bouwplaten do some neat perspex ones but they are only for 1;33 military jets
No market for a perspex stand - the material is expensive, and postage is becoming ridiculous, especially overseas. I had three made, sold one... But if anyone has a workable design (i.e. as simple to make as possible, storing flat for postage) I will gladly have a go.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
No market for a perspex stand - the material is expensive, and postage is becoming ridiculous, especially overseas. I had three made, sold one... But if anyone has a workable design (i.e. as simple to make as possible, storing flat for postage) I will gladly have a go.
i managed to make one from an offcut of perspex

Last edited by herky; 08-03-2017 at 02:13 AM. Reason: error
Old 08-03-2017, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Alan,
Somehow I missed your interesting thread. Fine build of an unfortunate aircraft. I remember the accident, was 15 years old at the time. Sometimes life has it's unexpected plot changes. I'm happy for you building this model has brought piece of mind.

Cheers from the "little red dot" (Singapore),
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 08-03-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zwaan View Post
Alan,
Somehow I missed your interesting thread. Fine build of an unfortunate aircraft. I remember the accident, was 15 years old at the time. Sometimes life has it's unexpected plot changes. I'm happy for you building this model has brought piece of mind.

Cheers from the "little red dot" (Singapore),
Erik
yes it was a terrible accident.affected a lot of people in NZ as we only have a small population and lots of people knew persons lost.Most of the passengers were overseas visitors but all the crew were nz residents.I was meant to be working on it but did not go<but thats a whole other story>the event was made worse for a long time by blame shifting and cover ups by the airline and nz government at the time.Was like a cold case for years.Even after all this time its the way the accident was dealt with rather than the accident itself that is remembered by people.Anyways enough of that.Hows life in my home country???
Old 11-28-2017, 05:17 PM

update on this.last night our new government announced plans for a memorial to these crash victims after ''Consulting with familys''While i welcome it and it will bring closure for many come on people 40 years of consultation.Hopefully they will heed familys request and build it on nz soil not on the ice.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
update on this.last night our new government announced plans for a memorial to these crash victims after ''Consulting with familys''While i welcome it and it will bring closure for many come on people 40 years of consultation.Hopefully they will heed familys request and build it on nz soil not on the ice.
Jacinda Ardern gives green light for Erebus national memorial - NZ Herald