PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-15-2014, 01:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Thanks Willygoat and Jim. The fact that I can print only black ink has turned out to be a creative choice. I love B/W photography and in the 60' it was still mainstream, in Antarctic too. ;-)
Jim - I didn't recognize Michael Kaintoch until you used his nickname and then I could connect the dots. I know Michis work from the German forums especially his ships and tugs etc. MichiModels it is, isn't it?

Tappi
Old 02-15-2014, 03:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Very nice to see you building aircraft, Tappi! For another antarctic model with lots of nice colors, might I suggest this one:

Stinson Sentinel L-5, Antarctic version:

Couldn't help thinking of it when I saw your fine build of the Beaver...

If you enlarge it to make each part sheet fit one paper sheet, you will get about 1/60 I think.

Greetings, Leif
Old 02-15-2014, 03:53 AM

Hi Leif,
This will not be my last plane, so much fun I had with it. And thanks for the Stinson Sentinel heads up. I downloaded it and now I must go and buy some ink. I do these both in colour soon. I checked the scale issue and noticed that the original is 1/48 (thought it to be 1/35) so I guess mine is closer to 1/72 so the enlargement should not be an issue. This might grow into a small Antarctic collection.

Tappi
Old 02-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Hello Tappi,

seeing you build the Sentinel would be so nice, particularly the colorful Antarctic version. The 1/87 version is here, in the downloads section. It will scale beautifully, if you have a chance to open the pdf file in a vector-capable program (like Illustrator). Then you retain the full quality, and you can even retain the thin lines, even though the model as such is enlarged.

Looking forward to this...

Leif
Old 02-15-2014, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
very beautiful model and very good job.

YOAV
Google Adsense
Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 PM

Thanks Yoav I'm practising and hopefully getting better (like you). Leif, I got the model (thanks) and I use InkScape so scaling it will not be a problem. I only have wait for the ink but Monday will solve that problem.

One question to everybody: what polar expedition airplane models (in paper) do you know. Here's my list but I'm not at all sure this is complete:

DGA - DHC-2 Beaver (Argentina)
DGA - DHC-3 Otter (Belgium)
Kampfflieger/Ohlsson - Stinson L-5 Sentinel (USA)

I've seen somewhere this model (in the picture below) presenting British Taylorcraft Auster but have no idea where to find it - it might be a private re-paint of a Dutch Auster model that was available some years ago.

If you have any information about this one or other models please add them here. Thanks.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
DHC-2 Beaver by Design Group Alpha - ''Gruppo Aeronaval Antartico''-auster-2-m.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
The model is of Zio's Auster Antarctic. It should be available at his site.

Since I am sending this from a military computer at my Army War College office, I can't access Zio's site, so can't provide you the URL, but I know that many other Forum members can do so.

Don
Old 02-15-2014, 05:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Here is the URL for Zio's Auster Antarctic: auster by F.Prudenziati
Old 02-15-2014, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
I would love to see a collection of antarctic models.

Among Design Group Alpha´s offerings you can find three Otters: OO-HAD, OO-SUD, USN 14467,
and this Beaver: IAA-101

The antarctic birds are always colorful (so they can find them when they are lost?)
Old 02-16-2014, 12:21 AM

Thanks Don for the info on the picture and for the link to the model. It should be re-painted because it' carries signs of Mr. Prudenzios humor. Fine model thuogh. :D

Jim I didn't realize you had so many Antarctic liveries. Thanks for the heads-up. This is slowly growing into a collection.

My interest with these expeditions started seeing the fabulous artwork for an Auster by Airfix. Ever since I've read every book I could get my hands on about the adventures both in the Arctic and Antarctic.

BTW - New Zealand operated three aircrafts Auster, Beaver and Otter at the same time on their base. A mini collection of it's own if somebody wanted to do the re-paint job.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
DHC-2 Beaver by Design Group Alpha - ''Gruppo Aeronaval Antartico''-auster-antarctic-1-box.jpg   DHC-2 Beaver by Design Group Alpha - ''Gruppo Aeronaval Antartico''-3.jpg  
Google Adsense