PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-11-2009, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
OK. So I figured I would go ahead and begin building the radial engine. There are MANY very small and repetitive parts, so I anticipate taking breaks and working on some other assemblies while the engine is in progress. Here are some shots of instruction diagrams and uncut parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-6.jpg   Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-7.jpg   Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-8.jpg   Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-9.jpg   Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-5.jpg  

Old 07-11-2009, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.52 MB
Looks very similar to the A6m2 engine, if you can find rlwhitt's build thread it will help you, did me, and also I cheated and made small glue tabs on the cylinders, made the heads and valley peice separate, formed the case, and glued the cylinders to the case before the heads and valve covers. I also made small glue tabs for the valve covers, can hardly see them to edge glue, so these things made the zero engine easier. Opposite side push rods like the zero, too. Rick's build thread is over at z and still is as far as I know
Old 07-11-2009, 07:26 PM

Can't seem to find the build thread, but thanks for your tips! I will no doubt need to refer to others experiences as I build this engine.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Here are some shots of my progress with the first radial engine assemblies. Stay tuned...
Attached Thumbnails
Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-1.jpg   Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-2.jpg   Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-3.jpg   Nakajima KI-84 Hayate/Halinski/1:33-ki84__20090711-4.jpg  
Old 07-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I'm always glad to see this thread pop up, Gordon.

That engine looks formidable, but it sounds like Glen gives good advice. His Sakae engine was a thing of beauty.

And this one will be, too. You've got the magic hands and a fine kit to begin with. Those early shots show a flawless crankcase.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 07-13-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
I'm always glad to see this thread pop up, Gordon.

That engine looks formidable, but it sounds like Glen gives good advice. His Sakae engine was a thing of beauty.

And this one will be, too. You've got the magic hands and a fine kit to begin with. Those early shots show a flawless crankcase.

Don
Thanks. I'm always glad to see others following my thread. Also, I will take any advice and tips I can get (this is the first radial engine I've constructed, and it's a bit daunting).
Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 AM

Hi Gordon,

I followed your building reports for a long time....and I am keen about your work.....so you donīt have to be daunted by something...go and get this engine by the bal*** oh sorry, there could be adolescents following this thread which canīt share my enthusiastic feelings about your builds:D
Go on, Gordon and show us the final result of that incredible beauty.

Greetings

Stephan

PS.:By the way....yesterday I visited MODUNI here in Hamburg and there was a little tiny Nakajima KI-44 IIc "Shoki" by GPM yelling and crying...obviously lost his parents during the Pearl Harbour Attack...so I adopted her and a canopy as an optional accessory:D
Old 07-18-2009, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
We can never have too many Shokis, Stephan.

Still tracking this thread, Gordon.

Don
Old 07-28-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhalen View Post
Hi Gordon,

I followed your building reports for a long time....and I am keen about your work.....so you donīt have to be daunted by something...go and get this engine by the bal*** oh sorry, there could be adolescents following this thread which canīt share my enthusiastic feelings about your builds:D
Go on, Gordon and show us the final result of that incredible beauty.

Greetings

Stephan

PS.:By the way....yesterday I visited MODUNI here in Hamburg and there was a little tiny Nakajima KI-44 IIc "Shoki" by GPM yelling and crying...obviously lost his parents during the Pearl Harbour Attack...so I adopted her and a canopy as an optional accessory:D
Thank you for your compliments, and I'm glad that you are following my thread! I hope that I don't disappoint with the final result. I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks, so my progress has been on hold - but I am getting back into the Hayate tonight...
Old 07-28-2009, 06:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
He is not the only one following your thread :D
Google Adsense