PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.00 GB
rewalston, I have to thank you for starting this thread, and thanks to all who have contributed. This sort of thing is what I have dreamed about getting around to doing and I just finished the SPT Kampfliegger repaint 1/48 Fokker Dr.1, Richthofen-Early Paper Model from Ecardmodels. Building the 1/48 scale was challenging; SalvadorOrtega's 1/72 scale is simply amazing. I have always liked 1/72 scale, but I'm not sure that it the scale for me in paper; starting to think bigger, except I have little room. :-)
Old 03-04-2014, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.00 GB
Sorry, my pictures are not very good, I'm using an old phone camera, all I have, and I haven't figured out how to get consistently decent pictures with it. These are of the 1:48 scale Ecardmodel I just finished (first pictures I've put on the forum, thought here was as good a place as any since I just mentioned the model above).
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker DR1-kah03032014-034.jpg   Fokker DR1-kah03032014-035.jpg   Fokker DR1-kah03032014-036.jpg   Fokker DR1-kah03032014-042.jpg   Fokker DR1-kah03032014-046.jpg  

Old 03-04-2014, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
very nice looking model there Kurt. 1:48 is way too small for my fingers, and I can't use tweezers to attach stuff worth a dang. The 1:8 will take me some time to muddle through. I still have 4 or 5 models ahead of it.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
Here is an interesting link. Portuguese or Spanish, not sure, but he specializes in "unskinned" museum quality paper models. No DR1 yet, but he has one in progress.
Modelismo en Papel - Salvador Ortega Cabrera
His SE5 looks great!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
Leif,

Assembly book for Sopwith Camel is here: http://wizaard.com/LSP/Sopwith_Complete.pdf
No plan set, though.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thank you! I suppose that's from the thread at Large Scale Plans which further down offered the Triplane as well. None of them had the drawings, but the Spanish site offered them as illustrations in the thread, which made all the difference.

You might want to notice that there is a version of the Camel instructions which includes photos of all parts (in their bags). It is helful, since you can see how many of those parts can be replicated in paper, sometimes better than in plastic.

-L.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
It is difficult to make wood textured parts by painting plastic, while it is eminently doable with the use of graphic programs on paper, laminated with card!
Giving plastic a woord texture color isn't all too difficult, I gave it a try once on an old Revell Vikingship kit, and it's actually fun and easy. The trick however is not using model colors, but artistic oil and blending the colors on the model while you paint it.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thanks for the clarification, Dany. Myself, I couldn't do it, but I greatly admire those who can...

Here's a rather nice cut-away drawing provided by a forum member here, Rubén Andrés, and published in a thread in the Russian "Forums Eagle". It contains rather fabulous cut-away drawings:

To save size, while preserving quality, I've cropped the legends, which were in Spanish. Go to the original for these (and for even higher resolution).

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker DR1-fokker-dr-1-cutaway-250kb.jpg  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Dany. Myself, I couldn't do it, but I greatly admire those who can...

Here's a rather nice cut-away drawing provided by a forum member here, Rubén Andrés, and published in a thread in the Russian "Forums Eagle". It contains rather fabulous cut-away drawings:

To save size, while preserving quality, I've cropped the legends, which were in Spanish. Go to the original for these (and for even higher resolution).

Leif

Nice cutaway

I scanned that image a couple of years ago, and was originally uploaded to my photobucket account and shared at an Argentinean forum called "Zona Militar". The watermark was intended to track where the image was shared/used/etc.

There is a thread about cutaways. Several hunderds of aircraft cutaways from all eras.
http://www.zonamilitar.com.ar/foros/...aviones.24700/

Unfortunately, the forum seems to be unreachable right now (at least from here) which is quite unusual. It was very active past weeks. But there is great material.

In my hard drive I have this same Dr.1 cutaway image at a much higher resolution, and without the watermarks. I think it is at least 300 dpi. I'll have to check that, sometimes I scan cutaways at 600 and sometimes at 300. If someone trustable wishes to have it, I can send it privately via e-mail.
I also have (somewhere in a burnt cd) a scan (not made by me) of another very different Dr.1 cutaway that I have never seen in the internet. There are minor differences in the details, accounting for the fact that no exact blueprints and no surviving airframes of the Dr.1 are available, and some details are mere guessings.

Kind regards,

Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
Hey Ruben, I would love to have those if you wouldn't mind sharing them. I'm gathering documentation for when I decide to get crazy and try this build. I won't share the drawings with anyone.

Rusty
Google Adsense