PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-20-2014, 09:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.47 MB
Raja!!...welcome. for the IFF i used common sewing thread. streached it taunt, then wiped white glue along thread to avoid it flaking or loose strands. then wiped CA glue along it. finally run a silver marker on it. it becomes very thin. hard and very workable.

how feasible is it to build in 1:50? is there any pitfall in downscaling such a detail model?

whats your experience? anyone can offer advice.
to buy...or not to buy...damn you MAREK....damn you!!....ummm...can you make one more 1:50??
Old 04-20-2014, 09:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 342.84 MB
Thanks for the insight Flying rasta, worth a try. I was thinking about using nylon thread or fishing line as it don't flake off like sewing thread, but at higher cost

In my experience, downscaling has no effect on the detail of the model, but there are some consideration
First, some parts may became too small when downscaled, Some tubular parts like gun barrels and landing gear legs will be harder to build and weaker than original, i suggest you to use metal 'core' like paperclip or wire to strengthen those parts, or simply use wire/brass tube as substitute
and second, printers use dots of inks to create pictures, when you downscale the kit, these dots will be more prominent in the print, so it will be better if you use high resolution print

That's what can i say about downscaling a model, it needs more patience though, but very feasible
Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 PM

thanks tonnes Raja. there is a copier store nearby my office so i should be ok with laser prints. would you do bond paper thickness (ordinary office thickness /weight) or something thicker?

definitely want to do this project..thanks to you. your spitfire really inspire me..
to buy...or not to buy...damn you MAREK....damn you!!....ummm...can you make one more 1:50??
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 PM

I use bond paper only for models above 1/120, or for details, for something bigger than that i tend to use 110-120 gsm, usually used for sketchbooks, it is stronger and sturdier, and don't dent or deformed as easily as ordinary office paper

I think the best way is to combine both thickness, 120 for main structures (fuselage, tailplanes, wings) and 70 for details (cockpit, landing gears, control surfaces)
but that's up to your taste
Old 04-20-2014, 10:16 PM

thank you..i am going to make arrangements this week.
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2014, 10:17 PM

Will looking forward for your build!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 214.21 MB
i like it,it is better to build your finish with a couple of coats of gloss then the final coat of matt,this gives the matt depth & clarity,matt does not like sticking to matt
Old 04-29-2014, 09:39 PM

oh wow...hangman!!

thanks tonnes for that tip. there is hope for me then!!..matt for final coating. it will probably also help me with the final photos i can put here..

any and all tips for her are welcomed...

Tags
1:33, defiant, orlik, paul boulton