PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-19-2014, 09:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report

This is a build report for the Tu-104 Camel from Murph's Models. The model is currently for sale for $8.00 from here: Murph's Models.

I'm building the Czech Airlines version of the model It's also available in Aeroflot paint scheme and as the "vomit comet" cosmonaut training aircraft. The model comes with 11 pages of parts and one sheet of instructions. It has no internal bulkheads but the wings are supported with an internal box spar.

The Tu-104 was a direct development of the Tu-16 Badger bomber. It will make a good shelf companion for the Tu-134 available for download from this site. The internet has photos of one of these airlines turned into a restaurant, so it could also be an architectural model.
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6353.jpg   Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6354.jpg   Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6355.jpg   Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-1236003446.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-19-2014, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Knife, fantastic job. Do you edge-colour the joints white to hide most of the seams?
They look great.

Papermate
Old 04-19-2014, 10:55 PM

Normally I edge color, but this is a fast build so the only edge coloring I'm doing is the red wing tips. Normally I edge color almost everything with a light grey color but my grey marker is out of ink. I don't know how he does it, but Aaron at Murph's Models lines up all the color lines perfectly over the many fuselage sections. This aids greatly in making the seams look "seamless".
Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
it looks good, nice work

YOAV
Old 04-20-2014, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Very nice work Knife. She's starting out great.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2014, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Where in the World

Dear Knife:
Where is the restaurant in the world? It is a new concept to me, My wife said people have made food places from old trains busses and other things so why not.
Thanks,
MILES
Old 04-20-2014, 09:15 AM

The restaurant is in the Czech Republic.
Google Earth Hacks - Tupolev Tu-104A as a Restaurant in Olomouc
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 PM

I have continued to build on the Tu-104. I messed up and glued the wings to the box spars before building the engines. DON'T DO THIS. Murph has laid out the parts in a very logical manner, so you use all the parts on sheet 1 before you start on sheet 2, then continue to sheet 3, etc. I ended up having to cut the wing off the box spar and print up a new set.

The way the engines mount to the fuselage is a little confusing so for future builders here's some photos of these parts. When I glued the first engine I made to the fuselage it ended up being too far back when using the cut out markings on the sheets. For the second engine I cut out the section that needs to be removed further back on the engine allowing the engine to be slid a little further forward. The panel lines on the engine should match the panel lines on the fuselage joiner piece. That may sound confusing so look at the photos to see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6361.jpg   Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6362.jpg   Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6364.jpg   Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6365.jpg   Murph's Models Tu-104 Camel build report-img_6366.jpg  

Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Looking great knife, thanks for the building tips. I will definitely be taking your advise.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 04-22-2014, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
I'll be interested to see how you fare with the landing gear pods. I botched my first attempt.

Les (The Voice of Authority -- VoiceofAuthority.net - The Voice Stylings of Les Dorr, Jr.)
Google Adsense