Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-19-2014, 01:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 326.45 MB
Very nice looking wheels, Hope the race goes well,
NH78
Old 10-19-2014, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Added fuselage strip

"Finished a small detail on the right side of the fuselage. The kit does not provide it but on actual Mosquito pictures it is too clearly visible to ignore in 1:33 scale. I do not know exactly the function of it. Perhaps anyone knows?"

This was a fuselage stiffener on all F.Mk VI a/c. Some later marks(F, B, and PR) had them on both sides. Probably a learning-curve by-product of the complicated wooden construction...
Old 10-21-2014, 05:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapike View Post
"Finished a small detail on the right side of the fuselage. The kit does not provide it but on actual Mosquito pictures it is too clearly visible to ignore in 1:33 scale. I do not know exactly the function of it. Perhaps anyone knows?"

This was a fuselage stiffener on all F.Mk VI a/c. Some later marks(F, B, and PR) had them on both sides. Probably a learning-curve by-product of the complicated wooden construction...
Thanks Deltapike for your comment, interesting to know.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:17 AM

OK guys, thank you for staying tuned and your best wishes for the run last Sunday. It was quite a happening, thousands of runners participating in the Amsterdam 1/2 marathon (21.1km) and just as many people cheering along the road sides. Especially the last stretch along the Stadhouderskade and the Vondelpark was simply great. One big street party. I finished nicely within two hours, which is not bad for a 50-years old.

Anyway, back to the paper work. Home alone this afternoon. Took the day off from work to get some things done in the house, wife's gone to work, kids playing somewhere; there's no better opportunity to get the landing gears into position. Up so far the most difficult part of the model and I've been plotting the strategy already for some weeks. Now's the time.

Made a final adjustment to the struts to position them as vertical as possible as without correction the aircraft somewhat looks like a person with wide legs. So I added a very thin additional collar on the outer struts, as can be seen in the first picture, and that should do the trick.

Put a lot of glue around the wooden stubs, glued the struts in position and "fine tuned" their position by means of the cross bars (don't know the correct word for it). Actually not a huge amount of work, all together less than one hour. At the moment the glue is drying and I will not put the aircraft on its legs for the next 24 hours.

I'm slowly getting there. Next step will be installation of the landing gear doors and mud guards. Perhaps later this week.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5339.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5340.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5342.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5341.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5343.jpg  

Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5344.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5345.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5346.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5347.jpg  
Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
Looking really good!!
Google Adsense
Old 10-21-2014, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.13 MB
Wow, Erik,
Such a net, clean and very precise build..
I'm really impressed !
Good to watch and thanks for sharing.

Btw: it was a warm (october) day on sunday. It was fun along the route
Old 10-21-2014, 06:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
what a beautiful work....well done.

YOAV
Old 10-23-2014, 01:35 PM

Thank you gents for your compliments, it's well appreciated!

Just a short update. Finally the big moment is there, after thorough drying of the landing gear, the Mosquito stands on her own legs, just over 10 months after birth. Glued the mudguards into position and painted the messing rods I used for stiffening in flat aluminium. Next will be the landing gear doors. They're already waiting....

Have a good weekend,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5359.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5360.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5361.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5362.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5363.jpg  

Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5364.jpg   Orlik 1:33 De Havilland Mosquito FB VI-dscn5369.jpg  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.53 MB
Well done buddy, she's looking great.
Tertius Primus Erit
Old 10-24-2014, 12:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.77 MB
Mosquito is beautiful. Already not much has to end. Congratulation.
Google Adsense