PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 147.71 MB
Fokker BII

I have been so busy that I haven't been able to work on my F.G. DH2. Trying to find another job and the normal work load of honey-dos have taken my time. However my grandson Jariod decided to help me out and build this Fokker BII. He has taken quite a few pictures so I won't post them all. I'll start with the engine and the cockpit. Remember He's only thirteen so he's no master builder but some of my technical ability may have been passed down.
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker BII-bii-layout.jpg   Fokker BII-engine-front.jpg   Fokker BII-engine-side.jpg   Fokker BII-cockpit-port.jpg   Fokker BII-cockpit-star.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-31-2009, 09:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Very nice craftsmanship for a thirteen-year-old. A little heavy on the glue, but that will correct itself with a bit of practice. Keep him going and he will be in the master builder ranks by the time he matures. It's always good to see new blood entering the hobby.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Tell Jariod that he is doing an outstanding job. In today's fast paced, 'gotta have it now society, It's nice to see a younger kid learning such valuable skills.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
<<heavy sigh>> Thirteen years old and he builds better than I do. Time for me to take up rock collecting! Great job!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.97 MB
I'm even gladder to see a 13-year-old building a WWI plane. Perhaps history is not lost on the young!

--jeff
Google Adsense
Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 AM

I've some more of Jariod's build. Here is the cabine and propeller. The small disc are the pullys for the wing warping wires. Jariod thinks he's famous now. Thanks for the encouragement. The engine installed and the gun installed. The tail skid and I think the spring for the tail skid. The wire through the fuse supports the wings while they are being installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker BII-prop-cabane.jpg   Fokker BII-engine-no-cowl.jpg   Fokker BII-engine-front.jpg   Fokker BII-engine-gun-top.jpg   Fokker BII-tail-skid.jpg  

Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Great job so far. I keep letting all of our boys do card models and hope that some of the historic importance of the plane or ship (and the people in them) comes through. I know that along with thinking for ones self, US History is no longer a subject given much importance in public schools. If a card model can spark a younger persons interest in history, then it opens the door a bit wider to learning more. We home school our five year old, and though he thinks he is doing arts and crafts when making a simple paper Monitor, he is also getting a history lesson as well. I am glad that your grandson is interested, and I hope that that interest grows.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:46 AM

My Mother is still alive and active at 86. She was with a Wasp group during at Aleutian Islands Campaign and has told the Grandchildren of her adventures and the loss of her first husband. My mother in law is also local, though four years younger, and so has a different perspective on WW2. Having so many seasoned people around so close gives my grandchildren a better knowledge base than the peers I have met. Anyway, back to Jariods' Fokker. For some reason I cannot find the pictures of him installing the wings and when I got home from Church he was asleep. so I'll post the assembled pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker BII-finished-f-bii-front.jpg   Fokker BII-finished-f-bii-port-1.jpg   Fokker BII-finished-f-bii-star.jpg   Fokker BII-finished-fbii-port-2.jpg  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 AM

Bravo! Perhaps he's ready to try one of CardPlane's free Fokkers or Morane-Saulniers?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Eternal Member

He builds better biplanes than me a great job

Google Adsense