PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-01-2018, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Dear Brent,

Thank you so much for doing this tribute to my crazy days. It really was a very surreal experience when I look back on it. So many so very young men doing so very very many crazy things for no reason. When I look at my photos from that time I really do not recognize that young kid strutting around with his pistol strapped way down on his hip.

He had always wanted to fly from his very youngest days. He grew up around pilots and men who had fought in WWII. The stories were intoxicating and all he wanted was to be like them and do his part.

Now he is just glad that he actually came back in sort of one piece from that incredibly dangerous place. He made a lot of good friends and tragically left way too many behind.

I have always felt that our leaders should come from the ranks of those who have seen the worst of wars. Perhaps then they would make wiser decisions. My daily hope is that we will continue to progress towards a better, safer world.

To me this forum would be a great place for the world to come and learn how to get along. I know that there are some on this forum who were my "enemies" not so many years ago just because they lived on the other side of an invisible curtain. But I know now that there are no real enemies in this world only people we don't completely know and understand.

Enough of that. Brent, this is an almost perfect replica of one of my little "loaches" although we always called them "skeeters" from the insignia of the mosquito giving the finger on the rotor tower. We always flew with the doors off which I know would be hard to duplicate without losing all of the kits strength. I may actually build one someday but as of right now some of the memories are still just too close.

I don't recall what happened to this ship. It is probable that it went down somewhere or was deemed unrepairable after coming back from a trip to injun country. I only flew in the "2" position as a mini-gun loach for a short while before moving to being just "Skeeter" which was out at the very end of the point of the sword.

Did I mention how crazy those days were.

So I need to wind this up with a big thank you to all on this forum. Yes we may have our oddballs, one of which is probably me. But all in all it is a great bunch of very interesting people. Like a family we sometimes say things we really don't mean but in the end we come back and make another go of it.

My thanks to Rick S., Texman and the rest of the Mods for putting up with all of us.

Also thanks to my Aussie friend Rata for his humor, Gene K. for his patience, Thumb Dog fro his WW1 histories, Kacper for his repaints, Pericles for his beta builds , Aaron, Roman V., Nobi, Bruno & all the other designers for their great kits and on and on and on. You are all great guys and I am glad to be back after a brief hiatus while I tried to figure out if this was a good place for me to be or not.

habanada https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lyEbtCVEqU
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 10-02-2018, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.45 MB
Thanks for the post Michael. Here is a quick repaint and build of ModelArt's 1/200 scale Lynx from their Visby kit. I rescaled to 1/100 and painted it in an Argentine theme from the Falklands War.

Brent
Attached Thumbnails
1/100 scale is the new black-lynx.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-lynx3.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-lynx1.jpg  
Old 10-03-2018, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Coo-ool! Aircraft used by the other side are always welcome.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Fantastic Lynx!!! Congratulations!
Old 10-03-2018, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Looks great!!! And thanks for putting the colors of my country.
Google Adsense
Old 10-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Coo-ool! Aircraft used by the other side are always welcome.
From where you and Per are everything is "the other side'!!

Live, Laff, Love...
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.45 MB
There has been some great builds of Murph's Judy. I always liked the radial engine version better, so I combined Murph's Judy and parts from Bruno's Ki-100 and cowl ring from Bruno's Nell and a few parts from me and made the D4Y3 Judy.

Brent
Attached Thumbnails
1/100 scale is the new black-judy3.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-judy2.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-judy1.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-judy.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-judy4.jpg  

Old 10-10-2018, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Now THAT is cool Brent. Total agreement on the preferring the radial version.

I assume because of the varying scales factor we're not likely to see this one available to the general public?
Old 10-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
3 kits & some scratchbuilding by a pretty smart guy yields, as has already been pointed out, a cool model. Impressive!
Old 10-10-2018, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great work!

Don
Google Adsense