PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Oh, cool! This goes in the Nice to Know file.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Thank you all. Aaron has described it right. The metal tube is nothing more than
the aluminium backing of packages for medicinal capsules or candies that you
find easily. Cut it to size and just roll it tight on a wire as a shaft and wrapped it
in a thin layer of paper and that's the main idea.

As regards Nando's questions, please see the attached pics (not too many of them)
taken at the initial stage of building. I'll organize and come back later to give
my ideas on how best to do the nose section. But for now, see the pics to get
some ideas. Have to go out for a few hours.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-dscn3373.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-dscn3375.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-dscn3380.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-dscn3381.jpg  
Old 11-06-2014, 07:26 AM

OK, Nando and others interested in building the Princess, here are my experience in beta
building the model. I'm sure many of you talented masters have better ways than mine
and I welcome truly your views and sharing.

Hope the explanations in the pics, written in my limited English language, can help a little.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-ins-1.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-ins-2.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-ins-3.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-ins-4.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-ins-5.jpg  

Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-ins-6.jpg  
Old 11-06-2014, 11:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 711.70 MB
Thanks for the trick!
Regards,
Ronan.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Thanks papermate, thanks a lot. You did a very detailed and self-explaining tutorial. I i understand also the amount of work you did for define the better way to assemble this challenging model. I hope to do in the future this model and i'll keep in mind your hints.
A more question: about the propeller. I tried to figure how did you do the propellers rotating and counter rotating too! In the drawing below the blue shaft is made of aluminum backing and the green one is made of paper? Did you use the aluminum backing for reduce the friction between the internal tube and the external one?

Just to understand, i think that i'll do the propellers fixed.
Thanks and my compliments for the model and the explanations.

Best regards, Nando
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-propellersshaft.jpg  
Fat Man & Little Boy available here
Google Adsense
Old 11-07-2014, 07:00 PM

Thanks, Nando, for the diagram that I have copied to share my experience in this. I do
hope that you'll do the rotating props as it is fun to see all of them rotating at the same
time. I used a fan to make them turn. It is not that difficult or complicated as you may
think, just refer to the pics I'm attaching and you'll see my secret in making rotating props
on models, large and small. I did it on the Brabazon with no problem. Bet you
can do it but of course a lot of work. There are six engine units and cutting and
glueing 80 single blades to form 40 props to finish. Don't do it at one go as it
will make you sick. Stop, relax, have a beer (don't get drunk) and go on.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-counter-rotating-props-explained.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Thanks papermate, another very clear tutorial!
Following your suggestion i think that i have to buy a lot of beer if i'll decide to do the spinning propellers.
At least I can console myself that I will not have to climb up shaky scaffolding to mount them.

Best, Nando
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-sr-45_mountingengines01.jpg   Murph's Models - Saunders-Roe SR.45 Princess, 1/98, Beta Build-sr-45_mountingengines02.jpg  
Fat Man & Little Boy available here
Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 750.92 MB
Congratulations, Papermate! Very clever and clean construction. I would like to thank Murphy's Models for bringing us those wonderful British aircraft, the Brabazon and the Princess. From the same 1950's bold and glorious days, I would like to suggest a paper model of the proposed and later canceled Vickers VC-7 (also called Vickers 1000), a smart design for an intercontinental jetliner, for wich a prototype had its construction halted. Thanks from Brazil!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
Congratulations, Papermate! Very clever and clean construction. I would like to thank Murphy's Models for bringing us those wonderful British aircraft, the Brabazon and the Princess. From the same 1950's bold and glorious days, I would like to suggest a paper model of the proposed and later canceled Vickers VC-7 (also called Vickers 1000), a smart design for an intercontinental jetliner, for wich a prototype had its construction halted. Thanks from Brazil!
thats a neat looking aircraft.i would like to see a boeing 707 in BOAC colours to go along my VC10
Old 12-09-2018, 07:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Beautiful model, congratulations. I am going to submit it, I would like to do it with a full cabin of pilots and complete interior passengers
Google Adsense