PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-28-2014, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.06 GB
Delta Airlines Boeing 717 1:200 scale

Another one of my designs this one will be made as usual with support and I'll try to get in landing gear. Hand drawn plans will be available once I'm done. As always, constructive criticism and tips are appreciated, especially from those who have experience making boeing airliners like this one.

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Google Adsense
Old 10-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
Cool!

I'm in the process of designing 2D flying airplanes. Okay, not sure if they fly but they are 2D............... I plan on the entire Boeing fleet, then the Airbus fleet. I also have started on a Bf-109B but Inkscape flippin' crashed while saving and now I lost everything.

Oh well, here is what the -109 looked like......... (I tried to include every single rivet and I think I did a good job. When I do redo this I plan on making two versions. A historically accurate version (with a swastika) and a politcally correst version (without one).

Looking forward to the ol' bird.

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
Old 10-28-2014, 02:30 PM

Looks good friend! My models are 3d but I think similar rules apply. So, since I'm studying aeronautics I always try to make my planes fly if possible without inflicting harm. If you want it to fly, add support to the wings is key so they don't flap around. They can have anihedral so long as the wings won't move, disrupting airflow. Also, you may want to three dimensionalize the wings and give them airfoils, preferably the proper NACA root, but for most the generic flat bottom and 30% of the way to the back camber work fine. If too much lift the airplane will stall, so you may want to either add flight surfaces like spoilers or elevators or give a little less camber to the airfoil. Also, if you have pitch problems (most aircraft do, especially those darn flying wings) then add weight to the nose until you have a stable flight path. Roll problems can be solved by flight surfaces at the end of wings being adjusted (one up and one down causes rolling, which can equalize a reversed spin, try it) or adding dihedral. Certain things work better than others on different airframe, so experiment with each airplane. I'm sure you'll get them all to fly!

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Old 10-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
Thank you. Yes, I know this already though. I am studying physics and aeronautics at my private school and I plan on going to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University to get an aeronautical engineering degree though.

Thanks though, friend!

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
Old 10-28-2014, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Wow, I'm really looking forward to this. All of the other airliners I've built don't fly FOR SURE. And 1/200 scale should be a good size with it being around 4-6 inches about. Definitely keep us updated with this build.
Google Adsense
Old 10-28-2014, 06:47 PM

It'd be 7 and a half inches, right? Oh well, it doesn't matter. But yes, all of my builds fly, but this one probably won't if it has landing gear, so gear is optional. I doubt it would be strong enough to hold a speeding 717, but it has happened before. Stay tuned, more great things in this build to come.

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Old 10-29-2014, 05:23 PM

wow this build is racking up views! I was hoping for more views on my s-3, which is what I'm working on, but after I finish the prototype I'll begin hardcore work on this. Any suggestions or things not to do?

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Any progress?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 PM

Not too much. I have not abandoned this project and will continue as soon as I finish my files for my U-2 and A-6

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Old 01-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
Getting a real Delta airliner to fly is tough let alone a paper model of one. The last time I flew Delta they left me stranded so long in Atlanta that I knew all the cleaning people by their first names and sort of hated to leave when they finally did get a flight out of there. Needless to say I don't fly Delta.....lol.
Google Adsense

Tags
1/200, aircraft, airliner, boeing, delta