PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I had that problem once. I found that if I just finished them, quick and dirty and gave them to my son and nephew to play with they all experienced real flight time and came to timely deaths. Kids don't notice the mistakes, they just play and play and play.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Hello La La,

I have built a couple FG WW1 birds myself, Pfalz D.III and the Bristol F2B.

The F2B is a good model, builds well but not very detailed as very few FG planes are.

The Pfalz as has been stated here several times is very flawed. It being my fav. WW1 bird I did do a personal update set for the model including a cockpit, engine, and guns taken from Marek's 1/33 Pfalz. I also re-drew some of the other parts such as that awful spinner :P I build all my WW1 birds in 1/72 scale for use in Canvas Eagles a WW1 air combat game using models as minatures. I use the paper models as I don't want a nice plastic kit being used for gaming and it get broken :( Psssst....besides the paper ones are a lot cheaper to produce

On the note of WSAM as another stated those values are inaccurate. mnost of the time. I printed and adjusted each WW1 model of FG's (minus the 2 recent ones) so if you or anyone else wants I can post the values to get your models at 1/72.

On a personal note and opinion on FG models. I like em personally. I just don't think they look too good when made large. The smaller you make em the better they tend to look I prefer 1/72 and it's a very good scale to make these models in. 1/144 is another good scale but at that size it's very challenging. I've done one 1/144, a Seimens Shuckert with the rigging wires and all :P I didn't do rigging on the 1/72s as being game pieces I don't want more to break and get all upset if they do.

I've attached pics of the 1/72 Pfalz and the 1/144 Shuckert.

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Where bad model go to die-06080222.jpg   Where bad model go to die-06080223.jpg   Where bad model go to die-06080224.jpg   Where bad model go to die-01010313.jpg   Where bad model go to die-01010314.jpg  

Old 05-30-2009, 05:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That's a good-looking model, G1. You have done wonders with the basic kit.

You started a very interesting thread here, Lala!

Don
Old 05-30-2009, 05:35 AM

Hey he stole my giant penny! Very nice planes
Old 05-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Glad you like em. Uhh stole the penny, prove it :P

G1
Google Adsense
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM

I tried the fokker d.7. it was horrible!
Old 08-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
I've had pretty good luck with FG - J-3 Cub, Aeronca Champ, GB racer, F-86, MiG-15, F-22, MiG-29, Cessna 152, and Space Shuttle so far. I've been keeping notes I need to send to Chip for suggestions. Nothing un-buildable (so far, knock on my little wooden head) but I've found fit errors of about 1 mm on wings (problems with making the 3-D profile curve) and tail feathers. I usually can tweak things into place and trim the fit. I figure I can give Chip a list on those I've tried so he knows where to start. Most fixes would be simple - but I haven't spent the money on the high end graphics/paint programs needed to process the Adobe files.

Yogi (still raising rockets in the garden)

BTW - if the end result (or your first effort) isn't up to your standards but still looks like an airplane send it to school with the kids. It will get used and may just spark an interest in science, technology, or (most importantly?) paper modeling.

Last edited by Retired_for_now; 08-07-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: (un)paid political announcement
Old 08-08-2009, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
It amazes me that you can get such a good looking model in that scale with paper. That sounds like a fun game you play. Surprise your opponents and mount an electric drive motor in your next one!