PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-09-2015, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
jeeze everybody has the luxury of having a nice, cozy and quiet place to model... With me doing my modeling strictly during lunch at work I am always being bothered by my overly curious co-workers. Once I tough thy somebody had stolen one of my unfinished models (B&W Falcon 20 by Murph's Models) but it was our CEO that took it because it looked an awful like the all white company jet... After explaining that it was not finished he asked if I could finish it and donate it to the company (of course I agreed) but I know what you guys are thinking and no I could not trade it for a raise.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
jeeze everybody has the luxury of having a nice, cozy and quiet place to model... With me doing my modeling strictly during lunch at work I am always being bothered by my overly curious co-workers. Once I tough thy somebody had stolen one of my unfinished models (B&W Falcon 20 by Murph's Models) but it was our CEO that took it because it looked an awful like the all white company jet... After explaining that it was not finished he asked if I could finish it and donate it to the company (of course I agreed) but I know what you guys are thinking and no I could not trade it for a raise.
At least ask for a hobby room at work!

Isaac
Old 02-09-2015, 06:47 PM

I wish I could but my mother in law moved in and we had our first child last year... There is just no room to model in a two bedroom apartment at least not until we can afford a nice big roomy, comfortable house. The apartment features a garage but that's full of junk that we are not ready to part with.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:52 PM

Come to think of it there is this small storage closet that is not used at work. I could make it my secret modeling hideout but I'me not gonna risk my job over it! Alas I must be patient... The day will come when I will have my man cave. Until then i gotta keep it small and portable
Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
You missed my point!!!

Your boss took your model. You did not get a raise. At least ask for a hobby room at work!

Your hobby room at home is another story.

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2015, 08:18 PM

What I meant by not wanting to risk my job is that hobbies don't belong in the workplace to begin with and I'm lucky enough that my boss is not on my case for workplace distraction. Asking for a specific place to model would be pushing it in my opinion. besides I really don't mind giving away my models, the way I see it it's the price to pay for doing what I do at work.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
Fortunately I have a neat little room at our home called "mein Spielzimmer" what could be translated with "my playing room". This is the room where my pc stands, my modeling desk is and the models (plastic and paper plus some tin miniatures) are stored and displayed.
Plus I have the great advantage as a R/C model builder some friends of mine and me rented a workshop room where we build our R/C stuff and where the milling machine etc is located.

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Old 02-12-2015, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
What I meant by not wanting to risk my job is that hobbies don't belong in the workplace to begin with and I'm lucky enough that my boss is not on my case for workplace distraction. Asking for a specific place to model would be pushing it in my opinion. besides I really don't mind giving away my models, the way I see it it's the price to pay for doing what I do at work.
When I was manager for VT Aerospace at Benson, a few of my staff built models at work. One guy was building very detailed plastic and the other hand carved from wood. The deal was it should never interfere with work and I didn't want complaints from other staff. Never was any issues.