PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-02-2015, 06:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir

Hi All, I would like to share my build of Yoav's Kfir. What a great kit it is. So far it is by far the best aircraft kit I have attempted. It looks intimidating with its superb detail, but the fit is excellent and I am finding it easy to put together so far.The only issues I have had are on the underside where front former 7 has pushed the surface out a bit, leaving the bottom scalloped, and I had to put the cockpit in about 2mm lower than indicated in the instructions. This was because the bottom of the control panel was in the way. I suspect these are my errors as every thing is fitting so beautifully.
It is larger than I imagined and will make a very impressive model when finished.
I have found my old vac form box I made long ago and will have a go at making the canopy.
That is all for now

Robert
PS I don't know why the third picture is upside down. It is right way up on my computer and even when I preview the image under the manage attachments tab.
Attached Thumbnails
Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150302_223735.jpg   Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150302_223833.jpg   Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150302_224119.jpg   Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150302_223917.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-02-2015, 06:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
good lack hikokibert with the KFIR....hope your enjoy building it.....so far it looks good.

2 things:

1. i don't know what happend with the former no' 7.....it not supposed to happen...me and my 2 friend built it and it was good.

2. about the front control panel, you are absolutely right, it is a little bit higher about 1 mm.....and i forgot to correct it in the files.....it is the same thing with the mirage.

so if anyone see this thread, it is important to adjust the high of the bottom of the front contro panel for about 1 mm, so the cockpit will fit well to his place.

YOAV
Old 03-08-2015, 03:20 AM

Work continues on the Kfir. I decided to have an opaque canopy. I used the inner parts of the frame and painted them. I then sanded the seams and painted again. This semi gloss gray-green colour gave me a satisfactory result. I stuck the frames on the outside as you would with a clear canopy.
Everything continues to fit very nicely except for the bottom of the intake where it meets the fuselage. This was on the right side, I haven't made the left yet. I had to undo the join on the bottom between the splitter plate and the intake skin from the back to about half way. This allowed the outer skin to almost match up with the bottom of the fuselage. I had a small gap left which I filled with a very small wedge cut from some excess gray parts. The gap is not really visible now.
I had one more little problem but if I had followed Yoav's build sequence it would not have happened. Despite measuring carefully I managed to get the wings out of level. One side is slightly high and one side low. It is not terribly noticeable with the model in the air. It would be noticeable if it was sitting on undercarriage. If I had put the tail on first, like Yoav does in the instructions, I could have used that as a reference to get the wings straight.
The last part I put on today was the canard. The fit is exquisite, it looks beautiful.
That's all for today

Robert

PS I use my phone to take the pictures so they are never that good, but the other day I dropped my phone outside and didn't realize it until later, after a storm. The phone got wet and now seems to take cloudy pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150308_193246.jpg   Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150308_193356.jpg   Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150308_192948.jpg   Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150308_193433.jpg   Hikokibert's build of Yoav's Kfir-20150308_193115.jpg  

Last edited by Robert Woolley; 03-08-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:45 AM

despite the opaque canopy the model looks very good....very clean work.

but why you decided not to do clear canopy?

YOAV
Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 AM

I did the opaque canopy because I was too impatient to wait for my vac form box, which is at dad's house. But when I do the Mirage you can be sure I will try to make a clear canopy.

Robert
Google Adsense
Old 03-08-2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikokibert View Post
I did the opaque canopy because I was too impatient to wait for my vac form box, which is at dad's house. But when I do the Mirage you can be sure I will try to make a clear canopy.

Robert
don't forget to cut about 1 mm of the bottom of the front instrument panl, part no' B1.....but i suggest to check before cuting.

good luck

YOAV