PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-14-2015, 12:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Wow! Good luck at the sow, and be sure to take a lots and lots of pictures to show us.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
"I started it the night my daughter was born in September of 2013, and I finally put the last touches on it today."

It's good to know that you have a very understanding wife, and that you have your priorities in the proper order!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
"I started it the night my daughter was born in September of 2013, and I finally put the last touches on it today."

It's good to know that you have a very understanding wife, and that you have your priorities in the proper order!
While my wife is understanding, she still thinks I'm nuts. I started the process in the middle of the night in the hospital. Mom and baby were sleeping, and I was stuck on a tiny "sofa bed". I figured I might as well be a productive insomniac. Nearly all of my build time is at night after the kids are in bed and my wife is watching her shows.

Thanks for all the comments folks. The F-105 really gives me a major sense of satisfaction. It has truly been a labor of love. Hehee. And, my friend that I made it for loves it, and said he hopes it wins something at the competition.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
This thread needs a like button!

greg
Old 03-17-2015, 10:11 PM

More progress on the KC-97.

I've finally had some more time, and even more crucially, energy, to continue the KC-97. A couple days ago, I managed to finish the main fuselage, and tonight I completed the lower fuselage bubble. The fit was really nice between parts, and the line up with the panel lines on the upper fuselage was spot on.

I did have a couple issues with lining up the propeller warning stripe, and the star ribbon. The lower section star ribbon was shifted about 1/8 inch ahead of the upper, and the prop warning stripe was about 1/16 behind the upper.

I thought at first I forgot to add a strip to the lower fuselage, but I didn't. I might have to print a new page on lighter paper, and overlay the markings to match up.
Attached Thumbnails
Convention builds-img_0054.jpg   Convention builds-img_0057.jpg   Convention builds-img_0058.jpg   Convention builds-img_0059.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Man, don't you just hate it when something like that happens. It ruins your whole day. Sounds like a good plan to cover it though.

Beard
Old 03-18-2015, 06:11 AM

I just hope that it covers up the printing behind it. Might have to use my 67# stock. That might look bad though. Guess I'll find out tonight!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Outstanding model display Coach. Really a lot of WOW!!! going on there. To anyone who loves aircraft as deeply as you do these models must be special and I am sure you will get the effect on others you’re looking for. Can I ask where you got the display stand for the 104? The B-25 is one of my all time favorites. I was the aircraft of choice with a skin of the same I use to fly with my on-line group I use to fly with. Many a happy hour was spent in the cockpit of that bird. I guess I will have to give look up this model on E-Cards. What would you say to the crazy idea of my trying to build it? You know and understand my limitations. Is it with in my capabilities? Will you add the B-25 to the collection you making? The 24 and 25 kind of go together. What did you find the Mike Hungerford's "Captain Calvin"? I have a friend that might get a kick out of that model after and place my friends name and call sign on. I still trying to finish up the Black and Yellow GeeBee and once that is done I want to go back to the space models with a portion of the ISS the single non-HD camera is focused on for most days. Also the Soyuz both models from AMX. I have always enjoyed your model work and always look forward to seeing what your talents can do. So many models and so little time. Love your work Coach, I always have. wc

Last edited by Wad Cutter; 03-18-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:56 PM

Thanks Waddy! The stand is from Murph's site here Murph's Models - Freebies

Just scroll to the bottom. I got the "generic" stand and painted it black.

I have a B-24 model ready to print, but I know I won't have any time available to build it before the show.

The Capt. Calvin is actually from DWest, and it is in the download section here, under the aviation trunk. The various Calvin and Hobbes box planes are listed right on the main aviation page.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I just responded to your facebook message...should be the permission you were seeking?

Brett asked me if he could use my Humvee (freebie model)
and my Hippo Bus (KoolWheelz model) as free giveaways
at this upcoming event.

The Humvee is part of the Easy Build Free models...intended for exactly this purpose.
All permissions and distribution rules are stated on my website
so please, go ahead and print up a few copies and hand them out!

Don't forget about the Easy Build Land Rover models? They are in the news right now.
...The Defender has been discontinued this year. Land Rover plans a new version that may be coming to North America in 2018.

The Hippo Bus is a KoolWheelz model, and although it is available free on my website
I do not normally allow these models to be copied and redistributed in any manner.

For this event, you have my full permission to print copies of the Hippo Bus model
and hand them out as free gifts at your event.
As long as you don't modifiy the model page, I have no problem with this idea.

The event, the location and the promotion of the hobby are exactly what I support
and it makes sense to support your efforts.

If you need anything else, just let me know. I'll try to help.
Google Adsense