PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-25-2015, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 711.70 MB
General Dynamics F-16C Block 52 Polish Air Force

Hi everyone !
Last week I've started a new aircraft from paperaircraftmodels.com.
This time it's the General Dynamics F-16C Block 52 used by the Polish Air Force.
The scale is 1/32 as for the F-5N.
I've already made the radome and the cockpit well.
Here is some picture of the build so far:

I've also one question about the structure.
Does anyone knows what are the red dotted lines which are following the black edge lines on the cardboard reinforcements ? I took a picture of two sections.

Maybe we have to cut at the red line if we want to add paper strips under and between two parts, to make the link and avoiding thickness, which mean the reinforcement diameter will not exceed the diameter of the skin itself ?
(Yeah I'm not very good for explain things )
I'll send an Email to the designer later.

Regards,
Ronan
Attached Thumbnails
General Dynamics F-16C Block 52 Polish Air Force-img_20150319_175901.jpg   General Dynamics F-16C Block 52 Polish Air Force-img_20150319_183146.jpg   General Dynamics F-16C Block 52 Polish Air Force-img_20150324_160136.jpg   General Dynamics F-16C Block 52 Polish Air Force-img_20150325_174856.jpg   General Dynamics F-16C Block 52 Polish Air Force-hghghghgh.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Ronan,

Judging by how close the red dotted lines are to the edges, you may be right. If using a strip method, dry fitting may help determine fit.

You can also send a private message as they are members of the forums.

Hello from Massachusetts
Old 03-25-2015, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 56.48 MB
Another possibility is that they are bevel lines. When building a plank-on-bulkhead ship model, the bulkheads need to be beveled so that the planks lay flat on the bulkhead as they are bent to match the curve of the hull. Given the curves on an F-16, I wouldn't be surprised if the frames also needed to be beveled so that they don't distort the slopes of the fuselage segments. The fact that the red line is only on part of frame VI would perhaps support this theory.

I have purchased their Block 32 F-16 (the Thunderbirds version), which I haven't started building yet. I will follow your thread with interest. One thing I noticed is that there don't appear to be any templates for the landing gear wires included, yet the instructions refer to them. I've sent them email about this twice and gotten no response. Are the landing gear templates in your PDF file?

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
I also bought the USAF Thunderbirds version of the F-16.
The landing gear "wire template" is incorporated into the instruction drawings unfortunately, which will be hard to determine how long the wire should be. Especially for the front nose gear. If I am reading the instructions correctly on the nose gear, it appears the wire is to be two separate pieces, straight and bent. The main gear diagrams may be correct lengths for a wire template and would be easier to place since they are straight wires and only need to be bent after the landing gear strut is in place.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.48 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
I also bought the USAF Thunderbirds version of the F-16.
The landing gear "wire template" is incorporated into the instruction drawings unfortunately, which will be hard to determine how long the wire should be. Especially for the front nose gear. If I am reading the instructions correctly on the nose gear, it appears the wire is to be two separate pieces, straight and bent. The main gear diagrams may be correct lengths for a wire template and would be easier to place since they are straight wires and only need to be bent after the landing gear strut is in place.
Ugh. I was hoping that there were templates to show the actual length. The nose gear also appears to be a single wire, bent after the tubing is slid over the wire (see Page 18) of the build diagrams. Well, we'll see what happens

Ronan, the more I look at the parts layout and the assembly diagrams, the red lines absolutely correspond to the placement of the joiner strips. I guess you need to check the fit and see.
Google Adsense
Old 03-25-2015, 01:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 711.70 MB
I've looked on the diagrams and the templates but I didn't found anything, except on the page 18, but as 3Turner said, this will be a bit difficult to figure out the length of the wires.

Quote:
Judging by how close the red dotted lines are to the edges, you may be right. If using a strip method, dry fitting may help determine fit.
I tried some dry fitting and you're right.
Thoose lines are very useful.

Quote:
Ronan, the more I look at the parts layout and the assembly diagrams, the red lines absolutely correspond to the placement of the joiner strips. I guess you need to check the fit and see.
This is a very cool addition. I'm using a thiner paper than the required one so I will have to cut between the two lines.
This is the first time I see this but it helps a lot

Thank you guys for the kind words and your support.
Regards,
Ronan
Old 03-25-2015, 01:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
It seems that this model is very popular, as I also bought it.

I was reviewing the patterns as well, and I just found that page 1 had a big red square over structure X. I emailed the guys at paperaircraftmodel.com and they quickly sent me a fixed page 1.

I'll follow your thread to see how this model is built by you.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Interesting models. I will have to look closer.

Keep us posted

Isaac
Old 03-25-2015, 04:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
good luck with the new model my friend.

what company this F-16

YOAV
Old 03-25-2015, 08:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
Very good start, build look very neat.

I never heard this publisher before but there models look very promising. I will keep my eye closely with this build thread
Google Adsense