PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-19-2009, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I have accidentally made a good fix for the nose piece. I had open the PDF and take a snap shot of the sections... I realize it was at something like 102%. So when I print the new parts they are marginally larger and they fit easier. The nose is just a very funny shape and it does not look like the real thing. It should be either more round or more pointed but not shape like a thimble.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
That's looking really good. I gave up on trying to build airplanes. I always mess up the compound curves and have a hard time with leading edges. Now I stick to boxes, cylinders and cones.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 AM

Ok I make more of the cone for the propeller, and it is VERY strange. It is shape like thimble for sewing. So I use Google and Images and find more photo of the real Messerschmitt to compare.

I find now because of the shape of the cone and also the blister parts with sharp points underneath, the whole of the nose is for the Avia S-199 airplane. Which is also in keeping with the model not having a large siphon on the left side as the real Messerschmitt has. After much looking I have made these notes:

The nose from the propeller cone back to the wing is for the Avia S-199. The pilot's windows are for the Messerschmitt 109 E. The shape of the wing and its smoothness and the round hole for the wheel is for the 109F. The shape of the tail is most like the 109F also. It is not for the G/K as the plans say the model is for. Strange mixture of many detail.

I do not like the shape of the paper nose much right now and will have to change or fix it.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:52 AM

If you're interested in planes there are some nice free ones out there that may be better than the one you're building now. Over on http://www.kartonmodell-forum.org in the member designed download area there's a nice looking Avia B135 by Dr. Zarkov in 1:32 scale. You need to be a member to download it, but I think you said you have an account there?
Attached Thumbnails
Wilhelmshaven Messerschmitt 109-b135.jpg  
Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM

No I have actually not seen that before. Thank you.

I have like this model pretty much. It is fun. I realize it is an old model but I have interest in those actually. There is a cuteness to the old style. And it is fun, which is a main thing also. Not so easy but not too hard either.
Google Adsense
Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 AM

Thumbs up kudos lala

excellent build I hope to build that good with ships and planes, i did an uruguayan river steamer the surubi very nice but very hard i will send photo soon
Old 05-20-2009, 11:10 AM

Ok this show what I gave up on making... The nose you get with the model is for Avia S-199 not Messerschmitt 109. And it look bad even for Avia. What I make still would have two more piceces even! I have a friend who he help me buy a different 1/50 model and I use that nose. It fit perfect over just the edge of the first Wilhelmshaven part. And it is proper shape and in far fewer part.

And now it fits well with the body...

I do not have my best workmanship here but I want to make this model again later.

Last edited by Keds_Girl_Lala; 05-20-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: I had make mistake and was not finish
Old 05-20-2009, 03:46 PM

I have enjoy this model very much. It is the first time I have made any kind of change with a paper kit. It is not my best quality but I will make this again more neatly.

I have put some small parts on the bottom of the wings that make it more 3D.

I also have made the engine exhaust pipe and cover for one side. I form these black parts around the end of a Bamboo shrimp skewer. In the above picture you may see some of the parts not cut out yet.

And the blister cover for the cannon.

The brace for the tail it is made from thin wood cut from a Brie Cheese box. I have made also many of the inside template from wood also instead of card board.

Now I must just make the engine parts for the opposed side, the tail wheel, antennae and some minor thing. And the propeller...

I like this model color and softness. It look like painted airplane and not so mechanical like a laser printing.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Yup, that looks excellent.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.91 MB
That looks really really good Lala, you've done a superb job .
Google Adsense