PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wilhelmshaven Messerschmitt 109

I buy this nice model as a download for 3 Euros. So it is not very dear. You get three pages with pieces, but really there are not too many pieces on each page. There are also written instruction in German and English. You get also a couple assembly sketches, but for the most part, I think most people they can visualize how this build up.

I print on 65# card. Some time I think lighter would make for easier curving like at the very tail. The pipe section of the body they are printed wtih seperate tab parts next to each one. So you cut the tab and glue inside instead of some like Fiddlers Green that stuff inside the next tube.

I would like to build this again with more detail like wheels. But I want to make it once first for fun. So my workmanship it has some flaws but instead of quit I will finish and then do again.

The pipe sections are like Marek but they fit much better. I glue the template to wood also.

The wing it is one piece that you wrap around a box inside. I was not advised how to fix the box, so it is loose. I can move it up and back if I need.

Here is the front and the box inside. It is not fix yet.

Now this is the body sitting with the wing. I have since added the next template in the front also. Now, the next section of the body pipe has a cut out for the wing box. So, when I fix the section in place and fit the wing, I can see how to cement the wing box finally.

So far, I like this model. It is simple mostly, but it fits okay enough that I am not frustrated. I have not throw out any mistake so far. Second variantion will be much more easy also I think.
Google Adsense
Old 05-18-2009, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is an excellent build thread, Lala. You have described the building process and the characteristics of the model very clearly and the photos track perfectly with your narrative.

Your skill in building cleanly and with precision shines through.

Don
Old 05-18-2009, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Looking good Lala!!! Your building so fast, that in a few months time your going to need a bigger place to live just to have room for your growing collection..
Old 05-18-2009, 03:24 PM

Thank you. My thing they dont last long some time. It get broken or mess with by people in my apartment when I am not home some time. I keep some like the Micromodels, they are in a shoe box with tissue paper.

I think my pictures were blurry. Do not drink and make photographs at the same time. And not to wear glasses either!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello to you,

whenever you can grab an old Wilhelmshavener - offset printed - do it! Especially when you look at pearls like Grumman Albatros, F-101 Voodoo, Vertol Workhorse, Crusader, Cutlass and many more .. the scale is 1:50 but can easily scaled up to 1:33. The only thing is, no cockpit interior. But I think, with the techniques of our computers, their programs and our flexibility we can find a way to detail it as it is now state of the art ...

PS: Lala, I do this model - in printing matter - in 1960 ...

Last edited by Wilfried; 05-18-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2009, 02:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.91 MB
Your photographs are just fine Lala. A very clear and informative build thread so far, keep it up!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 AM

Wilhelmshaven have many old models both on their printed purcahse web site and also their down load web site. I buy also the Coleoptere (I know I spell that wrong).

I like the size of 1/50 just as it is not so large for my hotel room size apartment.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
You didn't - it's the French word for "coleoptera" - the scientific name for beetles.

regards,

Charlie
Old 05-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Great! I built several of these model planes back when I couldn't get (didn't even know they existed) other paper models. I still have this one up on the shelf with a broken prop blade. I didn't know about coloring edges or anything else back then. These are fun models.

Carl
Old 05-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Aside from repetition of making the pipes of the body, things go together well. Mostly...

The wing fit well with the body. I would recommend to glue some card inside the body around the window sill so it will not buckle so much. I use Weldit glue all around the wing box inside, and some impact cement to fix the back of the wing where it must bend. I did not use much glue on the side so I can adjust the curve of the wing to the body. It is quite strong.

I make the nose and machine gun areas. I could work neater here... The edge of the wing, it fits very well and cover the seam perfect.

The bottom of the nose it does not fit well. It is an awkward curve with little corners at the side. It is hard to explain... I will try to cover this with some blue paint.

I find also the next section is too small. I print this again and will try to make it just a millimeter large. Alternatively, I see on real Messerschmitt the nose can be in a contrast color, So I could make this part from black or yellow paper and just make it a little bit more large. I find the next section is also small and funny looking.

The tail it fit well. There is a template inside I fix to wood to keep it straight and to match the bottom of the body curve.

Google Adsense