PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-06-2015, 04:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
As you mentioned I like the paper quality provided in the Halinski kit too. Your build is very clean and promising.

Yu
Old 06-06-2015, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
It is looking great, very nice work.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 06-08-2015, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Tres bon, tres bon. Great cockpit details and beautiful craftmanship. Looking forward to see your model coming together!

Erik
Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM

hi, work of the week !

I started the fuselage. First, plates around cockpit, this time no real problem figuring out the correct position, it's well defined and fit perfectly. Then to the front. I added some weight in the nose.
Continued with the wings.
My problem is always to know where exactly fold the paper, so I typically align on the gear door, then fold over. Here it's well designed -again. Gear door position can not be more obvious, It foldq perfectly in place - though I'm a little of of 0.1mm on the right wing (already fixed).
A second problem I usually encounter is not to bend to much the paper at a time so it won't "break". This paper is really flexible.

Now the fun begin. If I'm correct, to add the engine compartment I have to glue the canopy before, so form and put inner parts, then canopy over, then outside hoping for the best ! Canopy is really thin, so far parts fit well so I'm still confident. Anyway I'm cutting all parts and I'm going to do many dry test before !

btw just test fuselage/wing, not yet glued.
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4826_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4833_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4837_1.jpg  
Old 06-09-2015, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful work!

Don
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2015, 04:28 AM

Done some work with the canopy, didn't go that well.

I decided to put inner skin in place, , then canopy over. Not surprisingly, cannot fit correctly, I eventually cut off the wind-shield and top parts just keeping the inner door (btw should have done the same with the back, my mistake). It can be barely been seen from outside, still painted the white side of outer skin in green.

Then the main issue. As you can see on picture, canopy it too short (bad batch ??) ! This canopy is unsuitable, cannot buy I new one for a while so let's try something. I cut of back and doors from it. Cut new parts myself - this is really simple ones anyway - Was concern with the 'colour' difference but It's end ok.

And sadly the main problem : outer wind shield. With the size of canopy there a huge gap on bottom. My bad attempt to fix it made it worst, I have to found a solution latter.
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4838_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4841_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4846_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4844_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4847_1.jpg  

Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4850_1.jpg  
Old 06-14-2015, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
I definitely don't see any colour issues. The last photo, the canopy looks great. You cleaned it up nicely.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 06-15-2015, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi dje,

I wouldn't worry too much about the canopy, it looks great, you fixed the problem well. Regarding the gap, if you have a spare patch of matching colour (otherwise a good colour copier provides wonders), you can cut a narrow strip, fold it concavely and glue it as transition piece between fuselage and wing. Just like any real aircraft. Shouldn't be a problem for someone with your skills.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 06-15-2015, 03:35 PM

Thanks all.
@Erik, exactly my thought. I always scan first for that reason ! Will see latter if I can get a colour match from printer, not really feeling cutting my second edition

Almost there. few details to go, and landing gear.

Btw not a big fan on how they designed the tail
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4854_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4863_1.jpg  
Old 06-15-2015, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful, clean, precise work.

I always thought the P-39 was a really good-looking airplane, and your model captures the look perfectly.

Don
Google Adsense

Tags
airacobra, halinski, p39