PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )

Hi,

Here the new model I'm starting. I feel like making a break from tank and working on a plane, something not too difficult and fast to build on a couple of weeks. I bought a dozen halinski kits but actually never build one ! So here is it, Halinski p-39n airacobra 1:33. Ok nothing new, there's already several build reports for this kit - from more experimented modeller - but It's look simple still detailed, and since I'm going to build it, why not publishing .

So that kit.
This is a quite simple one. Book is printed on B4 paper, look thinner than usual, 160g maybe, it's 0.21mm . Good details though lower than with other halinski kit, for example no flap, rudder, engine, nor gun. Good cockpit detail compare to others publishers but less their others kits (e.i. brewster, j-88 etc...), still I have no complain about it, I like it.

* 1 page for instruction and plane history (Polish),
* 4 pages with 3d drawing instructions, well detailed. Note there's no special assembly order, so careful before gluing !
* 3 pages for parts; I give a special award for the one printed directly on the back cover ! seriously ....
* 1 for 'blank' parts, mainly for frame,
* 1 last 80g for some details, rod drawing etc...

Laser cut.
this cut only include the 'blank' page. There's few more parts to cut yourself. To be fair I cannot confirm it's halinski, no publisher info and didn't buy from them directly. Anyway, already started the cockpit and parts fit perfectly, so no complain.

Canopy
Got one for the kit, think it's halinksi. What sure plastic fell thinner than gpm

Gear.
Didn't found resin for p39. I haven't decide yet but I may use gpm spitfire for the main, and gpm pe2 (back) for the from. Will see later.

For the build I will use the book itself, no print. Part are designed to overlap with the width of this paper, I will eventually buy a second book (like to keep one untouched), and it's not that expensive. Book sell around 9€, lasercut at 13€ (yes but i sill recommend them), canopy for 2.5€ ; for gear (pe2 + spitife) around 5€ but I do prefer resin.

Stating the model !
To be fair, I only read good review from halinski kit so I have lot of expectations.
Starting the frame and cockpit. All parts fit and overlap perfectly. So far this paper is nice to work with. Cockpit almost done (no picture yet), no special difficulty, will post more picture soon.

by
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4779_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4780_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4782_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4783_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4781_1.jpg  

Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4788_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4789_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4793_1.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-03-2015, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Great start, and a nice looking kit. Thank you for the write up and I look forward to following your thread.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 06-03-2015, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Beautiful dje! Good start of another great project. Have fun !

Erik
Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
till now looks great...can't wait to see more.

YOAV
Old 06-03-2015, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
He said Airacobra :D *taking a seat and watch him build*
Very nice Airplane. And a very good start!

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Google Adsense
Old 06-03-2015, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 56.48 MB
This one is on my list...
Old 06-03-2015, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Subscribed!
Old 06-03-2015, 03:51 PM

Excellent start! I have this kit, too, so I am curious to see how yours turns out. I have only built one Halinski kit, but it was as good as everyone says. My kit was the Polikarpov I-16, which dates back to the same period as your P-39, i.e. the time when Halinski were transitioning from merely super-detailed kits to insanely detailed kits. Enjoy!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:17 PM

Thanks all for your encouragements.
It was suppose to be a quiet week, guess not ! so I didn't make as much progress as I wished. Still did most part of the cockpit, to go gas control and collimator.

So far no problem, part fit perfectly and I can confirm using the book in order to have the same paper is highly advice.

@ccoyle The modelik i-16 is the second model - and first plane - I finished ; guess what, just ordered the halinski too ... among others
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4819_1.jpg   Halinski - p-39n airacobra - 1:33 (one more ;) )-_mg_4821_1.jpg  
Old 06-05-2015, 05:50 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
You're doing great work. I built this kit about a year ago and I was very pleased with the fit and finish -- certainly up to Halinski's usual high standards.
Google Adsense

Tags
airacobra, halinski, p39