PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Looks right AlZ. Funny, I was just thinking about your build yesterday and wondering how it was going.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.02 MB
WOW i'm blown away at how each piece is coming together.
I came across this book Volume 10, and on the cover is a 109 instrument
panel. if there's a copy in the UK this has a good bit of additional reference
material.

good luck with the rest of the build and Merry Christmas!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
BF109E Instrument Panel-126ae641cec8a9d597731575351444341587343.jpg  
Old 12-21-2015, 02:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.53 MB
books

Asroc

Hello buddy, I've just had a look on the net for said book, there's a collection of them, a set as such. Do you know which number in the set it is?
I have a friend who owns the local book store, I'll track it down, thanks.

As for the build, it's going fine but Christmas and work have kept me busy, I'll keep chipping away.

Regards
Tertius Primus Erit
Old 12-21-2015, 04:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Al Z, very nice guess work on the the prop pitch selector. She looks great on the instrument panel. Beautiful job.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 12-21-2015, 02:07 PM

Volume 10

Oops

My bad
Vol10

Regards
Tertius Primus Erit
Google Adsense
Old 12-22-2015, 02:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.02 MB
There's 24 books in the set I hope your friend has Volume 10 also if you get a chance check the others out as well.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:01 AM

Fl32525 Schauzeichen

PMs

Next item for the panel was Fl32525 Schauzeichen (indicator). This item is a simple dolls eye which turned white when the guns had been fired.

The body of the indicator was made in the usual manner of card on card but the most interesting part to make was the glass cover.

This was made by heating plastic sheet in the oven then forcing it into a simple plug.

When placed in the body it looked the part.

When assembled the indicator was painted black and placed on the panel.

See below in the insert box for full construction pictures:

One more gauge to go - mint

PS - the book is on order

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-1.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-2.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-3.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-4.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-5.jpg  

BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-6.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-7.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-8.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-10.jpg   BF109E Instrument Panel-fl32525-11.jpg  

Tertius Primus Erit
Old 12-24-2015, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzictorini View Post
Bernoullis – Artificial horizon, the reason I made this mark of 109 was because the later versions did have an artificial horizon and it looked like a bugger to build. Now I've had a go and I'm perfecting the technique, I recon I could make one.
I am pleased you are confident to tackle an AH. Your care and skill, clearly displayed here, certainly indicates you will be more than capable of producing something very good!

Quote:
With this in mind, I live in Lincolnshire, a stones throw away from RAF Coningsby and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. I’m considering asking them if they would exhibit the finished article in their exhibit centre at the entrance?
A fine idea! A 109 panel on display would be a nice foil to the RAF inventory that the BBMF usually fly.

I note from the BBMF website, that they are understandably wary of accepting emails with photos attached:
Quote:
Enquiries - Non Display

If you have a 'non display' enquiry for the RAF BBMF, then you can contact us via the following options:
Email: [email protected]
Please do not attach photographs to e-mails as the files are too large and cause the Inbox to cease functioning. Any photographs can be uploaded to RAF BBMF Official Facebook page for all to see.
Mail:
RAF BBMF Public Relations Officer
Royal Air Force Coningsby
Lincolnshire, LN4 4SY
Please do not send any large items of memorabilia as space for storage is extremely limited. We also cannot guarantee the return of items.
We are only a small team so we will aim to reply to you as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your questions and comments.
If your first approach to the BBMF is by email, and they are receptive to your idea, perhaps you can then obtain an unpublicised email address to which you can forward a few photos. Bear in mind that sending them a link to this thread will only allow them to see small thumbnails of your posted photos - only registered users of the website can enlarge the thumbnails to sensible size images.

If you can arrange a personal visit, as well as taking your panel along (it is certainly already complete enough to illustrate your fine skills!), I'm sure you will ensure that you have some nice construction photos available (on a laptop or tablet?) just to prove it is largely a card model.

Quote:
I came across a spitfire cockpit layout at RAF Digby last month, its got my juices flowing for the next build!!!
With patience, if you can get a foot in the door of the BBMF, then who knows what other doors they could help open for you - access to real cockpits where you could take your own measurements and photos, compare paint colours etc? How chuffed would the BBMF be if you could produce some panels of the Spitfires and Hurricanes within their own inventory? Well chuffed, I reckon! And, be it a 109 or a Spitfire panel, if you can get one displayed at the BBMF, you will likely have a wonderful opening to 'advertising' your skills, and thus developing your hobby to where it can comfortably support itself, and deservedly so!

[Whilst there will probably be calls for you to do a panel from the BBMF Lancaster, as a former C-47/DC-3 pilot myself, I would naturally be delighted if you produced a panel of the BBMF C-47 aircraft, but I am only too well aware that would be a fairly major undertaking - they are quite large, LOL!]

I spent time living in Lincolnshire, whilst based at RAF Cranwell, and was acquainted with a couple of the BBMF pilots, including one who later became OC BBMF. However, having been posted elsewhere in the RAF after that, I have naturally lost contact with them all, and they, like I, have almost certainly now retired from the RAF, so sadly I cannot help with a direct contact in the BBMF. However, your work here speaks for itself so I think you should allow that to do the talking!

Merry Chrimbo, y'all!

Last edited by bernoullis; 12-24-2015 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:03 AM

Bbmf

bernoullis

Good bit of Gen buddy, check your private messages.

Regards
Tertius Primus Erit
Old 12-24-2015, 12:55 PM

Thanks once again bernoullis, I'll contact them in the new year.

Regards
Tertius Primus Erit
Google Adsense

Tags
bf109e instrument panel, bf109e instrumententafel, lower, upper