PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-26-2009, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
1:97 scale Fiddlers Green Nieuport-28

This is my latest, I shrunk the Fiddlers Green "regular" size Nieuport 28 down to fit on a piece of 4x6 card board from a Mac & Cheese box. The ink setting was on "normal fast". I wish I had caught that in time and put it on "best" but it still came out good. I replaced the paper struts with wood. If my math is right (questionable due to a California public school education) then the 3.25 inch wing span would make this little guy about 1:97 scale.

I am working on a F.G. Pfalz D-III now, but Keds-Girl-Lala wa sure right that it dose have some challanges. I found the spinner unusable as drawn do to the misalignments of the prop cut outs, but the rest is going well. If the "regular" size is the same as the Nieuport, then this one sould come out to be about 1:97 scale too. We shall see!
Attached Thumbnails
1:97 scale Fiddlers Green Nieuport-28-nieuport-28a.jpg   1:97 scale Fiddlers Green Nieuport-28-nieuport-28b.jpg   1:97 scale Fiddlers Green Nieuport-28-nieuport-28c.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 11.23 MB
Hello!
Good work ct ertz!

Best regards.
Krzychu74
Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Thanks Krzychu74, I could really get to like the shrinking of these models. The FG models are a simple enough design (mostly) that even when shrunk down they go together easy enough.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
OK Where's the rigging:D:DJust kidding Lookin good
Old 05-26-2009, 05:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi CT,

Great job on your shrunken Nieuport, I have a hard enough time with the regular scales. I suppose it was the mac and cheese box that did make it come out so nice right? lol
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2009, 05:45 PM

Yah, pop tart boxes are just a bit thick for the printer, so I save them for other stuff! Mac and cheese boxes and TV dinner boxes are great. With five kids, recycling is one way I can practice my model making with out burning up card stock. I have some nice complicated models printed out on good card, such as some coastal monitors from Paper Ship Wright, but I have not had the guts to start them yet. Until I get more experience, it is more practice on old boxes while waiting for laundry to dry! My hobby table is statigicly located by the Washer/dryer and across the room rom the kitchen stove, so in between making dinner and doinglaundy, I can sneek in a cut or two.

I thought about rigging,but I have nothing thin enough! On the 1:60 scale model I did the rigging and it as pretty simple as bi-planes go.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
I like the recyling idea..another plus for card models!!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 PM

TV diner boxes are great because the inside is bright white, and the weight is just a bit heavier then 110 card stock, much lighter then poster board. Still a bit heavy for this scale, but doable. The only thing with the TV dinner boxes are you should wipe them down as soon as possible after getting them out of the freezer because of the condensation! I like using the pop tart boxes for layering small wheels because they do not tend to warp and they are too thick for my printer.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
I guess this is a eco-friendly model if you have recycled the card.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 AM

Well, I got to tell you, I aint much into the who save the planet thing. I figure this rock will be here long after we are all gone.

I recycle for my own reasons, money. Copper is 99% recyclable so it holds its value (save those pre-'82 pennies!). Beer cans melt easy in my forge for aluminum casting, although it takes about 80 of them to make a cup of melt. And food boxes take up room in my trash can so I am happy to us them for something better. Recycling is best when there is a financial motivation to it!

Although I keep threatening to "recycle" the stupid cat into a pair of slippers! The girl got the cat and promised she would be the one to take care of it, but guess who gets feeds the loud thing all the time!

The US Navy has quite the recycling program though. My dads old ship, the USS Longbeach is in line to be scrapped out, with all of the reusable parts being put into inventory for new ships!

I wonder though if I can gt a Government grant. That would be a hoot. Getting paid to recycle card board into models of "historically important items". I guess I would have to add that it would be "for education for the children" too. Hmmm...

All kidding aside, we do print all of our cub scout stuff out on recycled paper and reuse as much as possible. Only makes good sense.
Google Adsense