PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-24-2017, 10:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjlyuen View Post
Hello hayden0915,

Good Question. Part 42 is a "pull" tab to help position or remove the formers after they have been slid into the fuselage. Part 40 is a spline designed as a triangle shape so all 5 formers would be installed the same side up and that none of the formers would be flipped left to right. To answer your question, please see the attached drawing. Start by folding part 42 into a "M" shape, that is valley fold on the center line and mountain fold on the two sides. If you glue the middle together, you end up with a "T" shaped "pull" tab. The triangle "wings" is help alignment when part 42 is glued to part 40. Hope this helps, Henry
Ooh thanks heaps! That explained it much clearer
Old 05-24-2017, 11:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.47 MB
Quote:
Hello hayden0915,

Good Question. Part 42 is a "pull" tab to help position or remove the formers after they have been slid into the fuselage. Part 40 is a spline designed as a triangle shape so all 5 formers would be installed the same side up and that none of the formers would be flipped left to right. To answer your question, please see the attached drawing. Start by folding part 42 into a "M" shape, that is valley fold on the center line and mountain fold on the two sides. If you glue the middle together, you end up with a "T" shaped "pull" tab. The triangle "wings" is help alignment when part 42 is glued to part 40. Hope this helps, Henry
Sorry for all the fuss but I have a couple more questions, is there meant to be a specific distance where the formers (41) are meant to be spaced apart and in your picture there seem to be tabs holding the formers up, am I meant to create those myself or are they included in the templates?
Old 05-25-2017, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Hello Hayden0915,

Equal distance is fine. The wing does not go through the fuselage so spacing is not an issue. I used scraps of card stock to secure the formers to the spline so the formers wouldn't slide around and bunch up at one end of the fuselage. You are probably not going to rebuild the fuselage as many times as I did, sliding the former assembly out of the old fuselage and into the new fuselage over and over again. So, I think, you can simply glue the formers to the spline. By the way, you may have noticed that the cross section of the fuselage is one circle overlapping a slightly larger circle. The upper half is wider than the lower half. Please see the attached cabin cross section for more details. Hope this helps, Henry
Attached Thumbnails
Hawaiian Airlines Boeing 717 1:87 scale-cabin-cross-section.jpg  
Old 05-25-2017, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Hello Hayden0915,

Equal distance is fine. The wing does not go through the fuselage so spacing is not an issue. I used scraps of card stock to secure the formers to the spline so the formers wouldn't slide around and bunch up at one end of the fuselage. You are probably not going to rebuild the fuselage as many times as I did, sliding the former assembly out of the old fuselage and into the new fuselage over and over again. So, I think, you can simply glue the formers to the spline. By the way, you may have noticed that the cross section of the fuselage is one circle overlapping a slightly larger circle. The upper half is wider than the lower half. Please see the attached cabin cross section for more details. Hope this helps, Henry
that makes sense