PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-27-2015, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Three little Zio's

While I am half-and-half absent in the paper modeling world because the real world happenings need my attention more than the sheets of paper on my desk, I managed to get some little things done while the big stuff I was working on earlier this year has to patiently wait until I have the time and attention span it needs to get finished.
I deciced to tackle some WW1 planes made by the late Fabrizio Prudenziati. I really had busloads of fun doing these. They might not be 100% perfect, I noticed I made some mistakes when I made them but it was too late to repair them. Anyway, they are great fun to make and I guess there will be some more soon. I did two Albatross-D planes (a III and V) and a little Fokker D-VII. I gave the Fokker the simple 9-layered propeller Leif Ohlsson designed. It looks very good in 1/72 (which I think these planes are in). It also can rotate. The propeller can be found in the download section.

Anyway, enough blabla, take a look at the planes.
Attached Thumbnails
Three little Zio's-p1080431.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080432.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080433.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080434.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080435.jpg  

Three little Zio's-p1080436.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080437.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080438.jpg  
Old 10-27-2015, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Nice to see you back to modeling! Those old Zio models still look great. And Leif's prop goes really well with them.

Curt
Old 10-28-2015, 06:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Very nice biplanes!
Old 11-11-2015, 07:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Three more of those little Zio's

Thanks for the nice words, friends. It is still mainly therapeutic, this building stuff. It's not for the immaculate detail and trying to get contest-quality builds, it's just and plainly for fun and getting the skills back on track.
And enjoyable it is.
I just finished three more of those old planes, one more German and two British ones. The German being the illustrious DR.1, flown by Manfred von Richthofen and the British ones are a Sopwith Camel and a SE5. All of them with rolling wheels and working prop. But that is just for fun. I intend to make a mobile of them. I want two or three more and then I'll hang them on my ceiling, in an everlasting dangling dogfight.
The detail I like the most is the Lewis gun and the Foster mounting on the SE5, in Prudenziati's model there just is a double sided 2D model of the gun and mount, I chose to make it more of a 3D happening. The Lewis gun barrel is made of brass.
And that's about it. Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Three little Zio's-p1080464.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080451.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080455.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080457.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080460.jpg  

Three little Zio's-p1080475.jpg   Three little Zio's-p1080469.jpg  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Glad to see these still being built. I really miss getting the occasional 'new' model from Zio. Thanks for sharing
Google Adsense
Old 11-11-2015, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Fantastic builds, great little aircraft.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha