PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-21-2007, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Thank you for the kind words, Vinh. Please, let me check when I arrive at home, and I'll post back to you with the answers.

Carl, muchas gracias!! I always admired your build reports, and I learned a lot from masters like you.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks Gerardo-
I'm no master; just a amateaur compared to the modelers I see here. This is actually my first WW2 model. I usually go for the sci-fi models but this one really caught my eye.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Nice build Gerado! I like the way you make the canopy!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 PM

My friends, thank you very much for your comments.

Vinh, this is my answer to your questions above. I hope they are still useful.

Parts 35, 36 make the air intake body. Then part 37 should be on the inside of the body, that to avoid the blank space on the intake. In my case - shame on me - I didnīt put it!! I don't know why. Then part 37b is the black part on the inside.

The gap between part 10 and the wings... well, that you have to work out better than me, because I have this gap on both P-51's from Dr. Zarkov. Maybe you can avoid that gap. If so, let me know.

See? Everybody here has something to learn from one another. And others see what escapes from your eyes.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Thanks Gerrardo! That helps out quite a bit. I'll try that air intake one more time. As far as the gap goes, I think I'll just end up cutting out a small piece to attach to the fusalage section in front if it. Hopefully that should close the gap. The current build I'm doing is a skill builder excercise so hopefully I can post pictures when I attempt it the second time. BTW I made the canopy just like you did and it turned out fantastic! Great idea!!! Happy New Year!
Google Adsense
Old 01-01-2008, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 598.3 KB
you former USAF?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 AM

The best of lucks, Vinh!!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
I bought this model about 5 months ago and have meaning to post about it (sorry no pics) but have been too preoccupied.

As far as sheer pleasure goes I have never built a model that rivaled this one. The fit is excellent and the presentation is very professional. For some reason though the canopy kicked my butt hard. I made so many mistakes on it I'm ashamed to even take pics of it. Since I have seen this model completed I must claim all responsibility for that.

There is a indefinable quality I'll call the "spirit" of the subject. A designer can be very accurate and not get the "spirit" right. I don't know much about the intricacies of the mustang so I can't comment as to the accuracy but Dr Zarkov sure nailed the spirit dead on. It just feels good.

But there are some things that I don't like. This is my own pet peeve but I think more effort could have been put into hiding seams in panel lines, there are several places where he intentionally did that so I know he knows how.

My second gripe with the model has to do with Dr Zarkovs design method, he models one side of the plane unrolls it then mirrors it to make the whole part. There are several places in this model where he did not remove the line down the middle of the part and that is irritating to me. I model the same way and one of the first things I do after creating a part is getting rid of that line.

But overall I really liked it and would highly recommend it.

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM

I am really enjoing this one as well. Just having a time reworking the air scoop. I think I got the outside and inside pieces mixed up. I have the P-40 as well from Dr. Zarkov. I can reccommend that one if you like his P-51's.