PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-19-2017, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Wings and necelle assembly

Ahoy Gents
Back home now been astray for a hell of a time I need to finish up the Hampton bomber, Okay fellas you all know where I been here there and everywhere. Now its time to spend with my paper modeling family, Okay guys as the build returns I have constructed the wings letting dry will burnish later as the build progresses. Starting on the the engine nacelles they are taking form as per pictures below, when dry I will burnish these out and resume on the bottom section and the under carriage will follow she needs legs badly. Okay gang here below are the update pictures for the day more will follow tomorrow as the build is on the down hill slide

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1059.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1060.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1061.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1062.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1063.jpg  

Old 01-19-2017, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Looking really good! I don't know what the loss rate was in combat, but with that thin tail boom, it could not have been very good. I would think any near miss with a flak round and that boom would have been shredded.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileer View Post
Looking really good! I don't know what the loss rate was in combat, but with that thin tail boom, it could not have been very good. I would think any near miss with a flak round and that boom would have been shredded.
The Hampton bomber suffered a lot of damage during the war I quote from reference material that the aircraft was a widow maker if the pilot got shot there is no other way for a crew member to take control

boats
Old 01-19-2017, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks great, Boats!

Good work on the flying suitcase.

Don
Old 01-19-2017, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Welcome back Boats. Always nice to follow your threads. Hampton is looking nice!

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense
Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Engine Nacelle assemblies

Ahoy
Thanks everyone for your replies old boats is honored, Okay back to the build Tadpole is coming along swiftly, not much left other then a few parts landing gear, props and fillets. I should have this way over due build done by today and if the sun is shinning I will take the final reveal pictures. The only blooper on the kit is the mismatched camo on the engine nacelles not certain if I should mask off the mismatched areas and airbrush the color but made the decision to go ahead and follow suit. A great kit to say the least the parts went on perfectly no fit issues at all just the mismatched coloring. Here below are the update pix and yours truly./

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1064.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1065.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1066.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1067.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1068.jpg  

Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1069.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1070.jpg  
Old 01-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Looks very good Boats. Glad you came back to finish this one.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:16 PM

Undercarriage assembly

Ahoy Fellow modelers
Here is another update tomorrow I will have this over due build finished up for the final reveal. Then I will move on to another build I need to pay my dues here, On the following pictures the landing gear has been completed they were built from the kit parts the entire kit is built from the kit no scratch parts or paint. As of now I am giving the tad pole a final burnishing to smooth out the seams and touch here and there lastly will be the props. The props are another issue here on the kit ewither I lost the 6 bladed or the entire prop has to be backed off with card stock to allow thickness. Not a bad kit thus far ancient but makes a great cOllection a pretty plane she is I took these pix at night time and hour ago from this posting it don't give the model justice the shadow of light effect the overall perspective of the build.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1071.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1072.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1073.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1074.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1075.jpg  

Old 01-21-2017, 03:21 PM

The final reveal

Ahoy Gents
Here is my long over due build of the Modelarz 1/33 scale Hampton Bomber. I spent 7 hours burnishing out the kit and cheated a little by adding subtle weathering. The kit is great only problem was that they don't give you 6 blades to add on to the entire printed props I had to double the cardstock to get it stiff enough to form the prop feels like plastic. Below are the final pictures of this beautiful machine here is Tadpole.
Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1076.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1077.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1078.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1079.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1080.jpg  

Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_1081.jpg  
Old 01-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Beautiful job on the "Horrible Hampden" Boats. So glad you returned to finish it. Love it when you're here. Don't be a stranger so long next time. You're always welcome here.
Google Adsense

Tags
build, hampden, maty, modelarz, 1/33, bomber