PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-05-2017, 01:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
@ Isaac: Good luck with your new project, I will follow it closely. I used a professional printer at my work to print the model sheets and remember I was indeed surprised to see the somewhat pinkish shade. But I liked the green-brown-sand combination as it turned out from the printer, mostly because it came close to the color shades that I saw once while driving down the Jordan Valley between Lake Tiberias and the Dead Sea. Still have Yoav's Phantom already neatly printed out for a next model, but first.... something else...

@ Josef: That's a very great Mirage that you have build up so far Sir, I like the slight shine of the skin. Keep up the good work!

@ Maxe: Thank you!

@ Yoav: The color print of home printed kits can be very vulnerable to folding, for instance at the sharp leading edges of jet wings. I'm not so sure of the right word in English but Google Translate calls it a "scriber", by which you can make sharp folds (if I literally translate the Dutch word: Scratching pen). Or sometimes by using a hobby knife (press very lightly!). To prevent print pealing off I then run a bit of white glue along the fold, using my finger nails to seal the fold. This results in a sharp fold, protecthing the color print as well. For the Mirage leading edges this worked very well (for Sumato's DC-9 I did exactly the same).

Cheers,
Erik
Old 12-05-2017, 04:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Hey Eric

Thanks for the tips.

Anyway, from my experience ...
I only print with an inkjet printer and print on standard sheets with a matte texture.

In the ink printer, the ink is well absorbed in the standard sheets, so when bending the paper the paint does not peel at all, even in very sharp bending.

Another thing....
In all my bending jobs, I always scratch the page from the inside, so I reduce the risk of peeling paint when bending the paper.

regards

YOAV
Old 12-05-2017, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 22.59 MB
HI ERIK,
The model looks great, well done !!
Armaments add a lot, ready for battle....
Old 03-29-2018, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Coming late to the party :-) What an inspiring thread. Will read it with great interest. The final pics show a masterful build. Kudos!

Chris

Tags
time, aircraft, yoav’s, great, models, car, dutch, sundays, remember, original, make, good, war, scale, build, mirage, stroll, cycle, free, families, tour, afternoons, silence, vividly, strange