PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-23-2016, 10:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
Hi, Just purchased from Christ Gutzmer your beautiful U-2 Spyplane. No formers!!!!!! Do you happen to have the cross sections to see if I can somehow design some crude formers for my beautiful U-2? Or do you have the formers for the fuselage? Wings and tail are no problem. How come you decided to use a funny scale like 1/51?? I'm converting to 1/33 and I'll change colours to represent the U2 of Francis Gary Powers. Thanks and congratulations on designing this model.
EDUARDO
I don't design to a specific scale unless somebody commissions a model in a specific scale, or other special reasons. I try to make the models as big as I can and still fit on standard 8"x11" PA paper.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:18 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
If you Google Lockheed U2 3 views, and go to images, there are a few there that have cross sections and relative locations on the fuselage.

Beard
Thank you very much. Yes, I got some 3 view drawings including the one that appeared in the March 1958 issue of Model Airplane News which caused a turmoil since this beautiful airplane was considered top-secret but accurate plans drawn by Swedish artist Bjorn Kalström appeared in a kids magazine a good two years before the May 1, 1960 incident!!. I'm also going to use the formers of the Paper-Trade U2R which although different, fuselage section is very similar. And for those who want to increase the scale of the U2 from 1/51 to 1/33 the percentage of increasing is 154.6%.