PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-27-2016, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Modelarz Handley page Hampden...first paper model

Just joined up and I am building a Modelarz Handley page Hampden and it is totally different from the plastic and wooden models I have built in the past 40 plus years!(I am 51).I have made several mistakes due to ignorance(and the inability to read Polish)but I was smart enough to use the cardboard parts as templates .I used 1/16 basswood for several parts.I will post pics but i did not add wooden reinforcements everywhere so it is a bit twisted.I will see it through and the lessons learned should help in future builds.Here it is(please try not to laugh I like to think i am a good modeler but this kit had me feeling like a stumbling noob)! I tried to post a pic from my photobucket account but it was denied for some reason.i used the img url.
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2016, 08:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
Hey philo, welcome!

IIRC, you have to have something like 5-10 posts before you can post pictures.

Go take a peek through the forums, there's a lot out there! Also, I believe that one of our esteemed builders built the exact model that you did!

Ask any questions, we won't bite
Old 06-28-2016, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Hi philo -

I built this model and found it to be a rel challenge: OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Handley Page Hampden

Here is a thread by a more adept and experienced paper model builder: Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33

If you have one of the original Mały kits, you may find that the camouflage patterns do not match up and the paper is hard to work with. On the other hand Mały may have reissued and improved the kit. In his thread, Boats provides some advice on dealing with the paper.

Very best wishes on this project!

Don
Old 06-28-2016, 12:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Hello Philo

I would much like to see images of the progress on your model as well. In the past, Don's build triggered my interest in this curious aircraft, which has some links to Swedish Air Force history as well (see this post in another thread).

Your technique of using basswood for formers hints at a larger scale than 1/33. If so, that interests me very much indeed!

By your reference to difficulties with Polish, I suppose you have seen this thread at the Konradus Forum.

I am looking forward to the time in the near future when you can publish photos. Please ask away if you encounter any other difficulties with coming to terms with the forum technicalities for publishing photos. There are a few variations of techniques...

Leif
Old 06-28-2016, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the kind replies guys I will try to acculate enough posts to post pics of it.
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2016, 03:06 PM

Old 06-28-2016, 03:34 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hey you're there! Congratulations. Looks like the Hampton is in a pretty advanced stage. Based on this pic, it looks awfully good for a first model. By chance, do you have pictures of the model as you built it up to this point?

Last edited by elliott; 06-28-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Well done so far! The cockpit and nose Perspex looks more realistic than on my model. Did you build the model from the kit parts, or did you scan them and make alternations to the images?

Going back to reread my old build thread, I was reminded of how much fun I had struggling with the model and enjoying the banter and the helpful advice from fellow paper modelers.

Don
Old 06-28-2016, 03:55 PM

I got the model from the bay and will post pics a bit later of earlirer stages of constructon.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
That looks great!! More so for your first paper model...

With regard to reading Polish, if you scan the text, and save it as a PDF file, some PDF readers - not Adobe - can do OCR text recognition of the file. Once that is done you can copy and paste the text into one of any number of online translation tools and at the very least get the gist of what the text says...
Google Adsense