PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-19-2017, 06:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
It’s been a year since Gerardo finished his model, so I guess it’s my turn to tackle this beastie. I am going with a different build strategy, start at both ends and work towards the middle. This allows me access to the interior of the model to help create strong and smooth joint seams. The design of the model is quite unique. Lots of places where you cut out parts just to glue a similar shaped part in its place. It could be simplified, but it’s a great model for the building obsessive fraternity. Unlike Gerardo, I’m building it as an in flight model. The landing gear and gear bays are very well designed but I already have the Ed Force One 757 built, and it has no landing gear. So this one will be gear up to match.
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Maiden 747 Ed Force One 2016-454eb867-5b45-49bf-a219-bb333cdcf9c9.jpg  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
It’s been a year since Gerardo finished his model, so I guess it’s my turn to tackle this beastie. I am going with a different build strategy, start at both ends and work towards the middle. This allows me access to the interior of the model to help create strong and smooth joint seams. The design of the model is quite unique. Lots of places where you cut out parts just to glue a similar shaped part in its place. It could be simplified, but it’s a great model for the building obsessive fraternity. Unlike Gerardo, I’m building it as an in flight model. The landing gear and gear bays are very well designed but I already have the Ed Force One 757 built, and it has no landing gear. So this one will be gear up to match.
there is a model of the boeing 757-200 of iron maiden of sciccors & planes in the platform of paper modelers
Old 11-19-2017, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
Looking good so far.

Interesting approach in building from ends towards center.

Makes complete sense, and is so completely obvious that I would have never thought of it...

Looking forward to more progress!
Old 11-19-2017, 03:24 PM

The fuselage is basically finished. The fuselage joint that goes through the “T” in the word TOUR is not glued yet so I can fit the fuselage into a box that I have to travel with. I glue steel washers into the fuselage so the magnets in the stand will grip the model and keep it in place. But I seriously misjudged the balance point on this model. You can see how far aft the balance point is, even without the wings and tail pieces added. The washer in this model is about the midpoint of the wing to fuselage glue joint. Now I have to figure out a way to move the washer back a few inches. Definitely put nose weights in this model if you plan to have it on its landing gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Maiden 747 Ed Force One 2016-62e9a288-996d-45e5-a6c0-c339992ae008.jpg  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Quote:
there is a model of the boeing 757-200 of iron maiden of sciccors & planes in the platform of paper modelers
Hey Juan, I can't find it after going through Bruno's files, maybe I have missed it somewhere. Can you please direct me to the right spot?

Papermate
Google Adsense
Old 11-19-2017, 06:55 PM

The Iron Maiden 757 is available from our favorite web site. http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...ownloadid=1549
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Maiden 747 Ed Force One 2016-40b0251d-4f7c-4737-859c-452716e799cf.jpg  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:51 PM

Thanks, Knife. So it's not based on Bruno's work but Jule's. Another great repaint by Gerry1966. Thanks also to them.

Papermate
Old 11-19-2017, 09:00 PM

After browsing through another thread on the Iron Maiden, there's actually another version by Bruno. That will go into my intended 1/xxxx collection.

Papermate
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 81150-Boeing757IronMaiden.pdf (1.55 MB, 44 views)
Old 11-19-2017, 11:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Hey Juan, I can't find it after going through Bruno's files, maybe I have missed it somewhere. Can you please direct me to the right spot?

Papermate
well here is a link to the 757 model that I talked about
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...ownloadid=1716
Old 11-20-2017, 05:43 PM

I’m slowly getting this model done. I’m not sure if the designer was an evil genius, or just evil. Lots of places where 6 or 7 parts could have been combined into one part to make a stronger model with fewer seams. One of the joys of paper modeling is seeing how different designers figure out how to model a subject. This model was designed by an artist, not a structural engineer. Still, it’s fun to see some creative solutions offered up by different cultures. That being said, tonight I’m working on the wings. I have a small twist in the right wing that I hope to massage out before finishing. The wings are attached to the fuselage with a simple butt joint. I would have liked to put in a spar through the fuselage but I’m trying to stay true to the design.
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Maiden 747 Ed Force One 2016-21c3a928-93fa-41df-bebf-23a917c4018b.jpg   Iron Maiden 747 Ed Force One 2016-9b90f490-c6f0-4621-b007-1b6d83ead7ba.jpg  
Google Adsense