PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.60 GB
It isn't available on any websites but if you shoot Garvit an email I'm sure he will send it to you. I believe he is gajet on this forum.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.60 GB
This Jetblue A321 is my first recolor ever, and it'll always be a special airplane for me. Three years ago I contacted John Bowden, asking him if he could help me learn how to repaint. It seemed so daunting at the time and I was very lost. He graciously agreed to teach me and helped me get pretty far on this repaint. However, my freshman self became disillusioned with the tedious and frustrating test builds, and the Inkscape files collected dust on my laptop during my three remaining years of high school.

This year, as the coronavirus ate away at my senior year, I remembered the repaint I had forgotten about for so long. My first thought was to contact John Bowden for some additional help so I could finish this once and for all as my "senior project." It was then that I logged onto this forum and was hit with the crushing news that he had passed away. I knew straight away that I had to finish this now, in honor of John Bowden.

With the help of MacSongLi, John's partner in modeling, I've completed the repaint and built the model I started three years ago. I looked back at the emails John sent me while he was helping me and, goodness I was immature. I am so thankful that John had the kindness to deal with me and share his love and expertise for modeling with me. If the coronavirus doesn't force my first quarter of college online, I will be bringing this model to my dorm room to remind me of John's legacy of compassion, creativity, and enthusiasm for his craft.

I want to thank MacSongLi again for touching up my files, Knife for doing many test builds for me three years ago, and John Bowden. Thank you so much for being a mentor and we will all miss you.
Attached Thumbnails
1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200514_121959.jpg   1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200514_122009.jpg   1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200514_122020.jpg   1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200514_122054.jpg   1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200514_122103.jpg  

1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200514_122112.jpg   1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200514_122216.jpg   1:144 Airliner Builds-img_20200519_194827.jpg  

Last edited by joshuajaeseo; 05-19-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajaeseo View Post
This Jetblue A321 is my first recolor ever, and it'll always be a special airplane for me. Three years ago I contacted John Bowden, asking him if he could help me learn how to repaint. It seemed so daunting at the time and I was very lost. He graciously agreed to teach me and helped me get pretty far on this repaint. However, my freshman self became disillusioned with the tedious and frustrating test builds, and the Inkscape files collected dust on my laptop during my three remaining years of high school.

This year, as the coronavirus ate away at my senior year, I remembered the repaint I had forgotten about for so long. My first thought was to contact John Bowden for some additional help so I could finish this once and for all as my "senior project." It was then that I logged onto this forum and was hit with the crushing news that he had passed away. I knew straight away that I had to finish this now, in honor of John Bowden.

what better tribute to someone like john
I would have liked to meet him in life but in a way one more or less knew how he was alone when reading his post
The closest thing I had with him was a suggestion of a recolor of a "viva colombia" A320-200 which by the way was almost ready (well the livery of viva colombia is one of the easiest to do)
but seeing these circumstances I think I could do that color (but in 1/300 of Bruno since I'm more used to that scale)

well, in peace rest one of the best and most veteran members of this page
and continue building paper planes in the sky, in Valhalla or wherever God has him in his holy glory

With the help of MacSongLi, John's partner in modeling, I've completed the repaint and built the model I started three years ago. I looked back at the emails John sent me while he was helping me and, goodness I was immature. I am so thankful that John had the kindness to deal with me and share his love and expertise for modeling with me. If the coronavirus doesn't force my first quarter of college online, I will be bringing this model to my dorm room to remind me of John's legacy of compassion, creativity, and enthusiasm for his craft.

I want to thank MacSongLi again for touching up my files, Knife for doing many test builds for me three years ago, and John Bowden. Thank you so much for being a mentor and we will all miss you.
what better tribute to someone like john
I would have liked to meet him in life but in a way one more or less knew how he was alone when reading his post
The closest thing I had with him was a suggestion of a recolor of a "viva colombia" A320-200 which by the way was almost ready (well the livery of viva colombia is one of the easiest to do)
but seeing these circumstances I think I could do that color (but in 1/300 of Bruno since I'm more used to that scale)

well, in peace rest one of the best and most veteran members of this page
and continue building paper planes in the sky, in Valhalla or wherever God has him in his holy glory
Attached Thumbnails
1:144 Airliner Builds-img_0828.jpg  

link: https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/juan-angel-b747
Juan Angel B747 Club Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1147649602234573
Old 05-19-2020, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Welcome back!!!
Great build, it's good to see another model built by you.
It was a big shock to hear the news even though I never met him in person, but he was so kind to me and offered me a lot of help and advice... He really brought smiles to a lot of members in this community, which will never be forgotten.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.29 MB
Quite a fleet I see. I will need to get my boarding pass. Nice models.
Google Adsense