PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-18-2017, 03:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
great collection Ricardo.

i noticed the camouflage KFIR and the F-15.....are they from paper? what company?
do you have large picture of them?

greeting

YOAV
Old 05-18-2017, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Well... that Bearcat has to be the definition of a perfect paper model.

Gene K
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@ Erik – I like to consider myself too young to worry about where the collection will go to (or collections, if you include non-aircraft subjects). By the way, the productivity increased a lot in 2003, when I discovered and started buying “serious” kits. The older models are either much simpler or scratch built. If real life allows, the collection will get substantially bigger

@ Don – Thanks

@ Paúl – if you allow me a “blue” joke, the heaven is full of planes If you pass by Póvoa de Varzim, knock my door and you may well spend another hour. Or more

@ Papermate – “black” joke, indeed Looks effective to solve my space problems but I’ll try another method first.

@ Yoav – The Kfir and the F-15 are among my oldest scratch built models in this scale and, as a result, not very presentable (to be kind). At the time, (1981/1982) I had no computer to help shaping the parts. You may spot a Bearcat, a bit over the Kfir. It was built in 1980 and, having completed the GPM kit, the “old” was stored elsewhere, to make way. As the showcase is crammed, I intend to make the same with other models (F-104, Polikarpov I-16, Ki-43, Fokker E-III, maybe others...). Sometime, it will be necessary to enlarge the showcase and the only option is to increase the depth. It will be convenient to get at least 50% more shelf surface. Not easy…

@ Gene K – it is a good kit, despite being old!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool Love your collection

Ricardo

I love the big display case you have for your models. Bravo. It is always a pleasure to see them.

Currently, I'm in a small apartment and due to my many moves, most of my models are packed up and in storage.

however, here is a picture taken in 2015 which is the last time I saw most of my paper models at the same time.
Grumman Bearcat - 1/33 - GPM-dsc_0101.jpg

Isaac
Old 05-18-2017, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great image, Isaac! That is a magnificent F-4.

You are a real inspiration, Ricardo! Your models are superb, your display arrangement is outstanding, and your build threads are models (!) of fine craftsmanship, clear prose, and crisp images. You are always ready to answer questions and share your knowledge. Many thanks for all this.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2017, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
[QUOTE=ricleite;582467
@ Gene K – it is a good kit, despite being old![/QUOTE]

When I alluded to the Bearcat being the definition of a perfect paper model, I was referring to your beautiful finished build ... not the kit.

I admire your daunting skill.

Gene K
Old 05-19-2017, 07:48 AM

@ Isaac – thank you very much for the picture So many beautiful models! It is a pity that some are exposed to dust. Did you envisage putting extra shelves, at mid height? The models definitely deserve to be stored in the best conditions.
I recognize some of them but not all, far from that. The soviet bomber, the colorful Crusader and (inevitably) the F-4, just to name those 3, caught my eyes. I built GPM’s camouflaged F-4 and keep good memories of the kit, excepting the faaaat Sidewinders. On Israel’s desert color scheme, it looks great!
It must be a nightmare to move such a collection from one house to another...

@ Don – I remember having told you that I am in this forum to share. And it is true! So, any question is always welcome

@ Gene K – I got the idea (thanks ) but couldn’t refrain to make a dribble to the kit
Old 05-19-2017, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Geez...everytime I think your latest model is the best I've ever seen, you go and make another one.

I agree with the museum idea. I'd pitch in for that!

Exceptionally beautiful model and, again, great tutorials along the way.

THANK YOU!!!

Dan
Old 05-27-2017, 02:42 PM

Just getting around to seeing your completed model. Fabulous work! And I really like your display case -- a very well-lit and logically ordered presentation.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:55 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Bravo Build!

Bravo! Ricardo. A beautiful and immaculate build of the Grumman Cat that put wings on an engine.

-Gil
Google Adsense

Tags
1/33, gpm, grumman bearcat