PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
All,

I got the top wing and struts on. The top wing went much better as I cemented the spar to a stronger piece of card stock and it was much more robust. The various struts went on a treat and fitted very well. I suspect the only model that is as easy to add a top wing to would the the Wingnut Wings 1/32nd Harry Tate. The only change I made was to put the rear most cabane strut attachment into the pilot's cockpit as it attaches outside this area onto the fuselage on the kit. The pictures I see show this guy on the inside.

100 Year Bloody April Build: R.E.8 (Kampflieger 1/72nd)-img_0037_zpskpce3dmx.jpg

100 Year Bloody April Build: R.E.8 (Kampflieger 1/72nd)-img_0040_zpslqf9pssg.jpg

100 Year Bloody April Build: R.E.8 (Kampflieger 1/72nd)-img_0039_zpsu9gudtgx.jpg

100 Year Bloody April Build: R.E.8 (Kampflieger 1/72nd)-img_0038_zpsh7nhvbuh.jpg

Really just wheels, some gun detail and then rigging left. Pretty spiffy little model. Fitting for Bloody April!

Cheers,
Dan