PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-07-2017, 07:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
All -- I've been enjoying everyone's remarks. There is a sense of shared difficulty in hearing about those models that just put up a fight. At least we can easily reprint the stubborn ones.

mbauer -- In paperfolding, I've heard those called "Origami rocks", a universally known (if not loved) model.

Don Boose -- I may live down the bird bombing, but it's going to take a long time! I'm one of those people to whom strange things happen. The "Russian Reno" was unharmed by the bird's attack, since one virtue of that early Maly Modelarz paper is that it's apparently completely waterproof -- I just washed it off.

Vermin_King -- LOL on your jinxed model! I'd give up after that disaster too!

Papercaptain -- I love the idea. But if I can't build a 1:100 airplane, I shudder to think what the tiny figures would look like . . .

Update on the actual project: I took my time on the fuselage this afternoon, and I'm cautiously optimistic. It still isn't perfect, but it's a lot better. I trimmed the aft canopy a tiny bit, having learned through previous attempts that the fit would work out better that way. The tail wheel position might be off a bit in the fore-aft direction, but at least it isn't pointing off to one side. I have labeled the remaining pieces left or right, so I hope to avoid that particular error. Time will tell with the wings and tail. I'm sure there are still errors I can discover, but I'm trying to save them for the next project.
Attached Thumbnails
Curse of the Magister-gedc0963.jpg   Curse of the Magister-gedc0964.jpg  
Old 05-07-2017, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That fuselage looks really good, Anne. The evil-spirit-chasing ritual must have worked.

Don
Old 05-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
That fuselage looks really good, Anne. The evil-spirit-chasing ritual must have worked.

Don
I think it did indeed, and it turned to the designer
I made a very stupid design error yesterday (a factor 2 in a calculation), so I made some origami rocks too.

Looking good, Anne.

Sorry for having made the jinxed model

B
Old 05-13-2017, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Since Bruno nobly accepted the burden of the jinx, I have proceeded with the Magister and I'm calling it complete. My build is still not perfect, but it has all the parts on and looks pretty good from some angles. In the plus column: it is an especially attractive color scheme, and I was happy with the results from printing it on the "Photo paper matte" setting on high-quality bond paper. My canopy came out very well, and most of the rest of the fits were good too. On the frustrating side: I had some remaining flaws. One glue strip was determined to show on the bottom of the left jet bulge, I still got the tail fins and tailwheel a bit off-kilter, and I reversed left and right on the "bulges" (since they appear to be symmetrical except for some markings, I left them that way). I expected the Magister to be easier than the 1:300 S&P models I've built, but it was still very fiddly in places, particularly the exhaust details and the tip tanks. Overall, it's a very attractive model and I think it was worth the struggle. Thanks again, Bruno, for providing the community with these (mostly ) enjoyable models.
Attached Thumbnails
Curse of the Magister-gedc0965.jpg   Curse of the Magister-gedc0966.jpg  
Old 05-13-2017, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
It looks really nice!
And so small, it add to the charm of its shapes..

Google Adsense
Old 05-14-2017, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful airplane! Beautiful model!

Don
Old 05-14-2017, 09:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I've found that origami rocks, if thrown at the right moment, can distract the cat who's about to sample the wings of your current model.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.34 MB
And now, for something completely different; Ecard Models released a few months ago 2 FREE models of the Fouga Magister at 1:24 scale. Thought I'll put it out there...