PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-29-2017, 09:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile Peleng MiG -23

I guess the only thing to do is put one up for auction and see how it does. The MiG-23 is currently on eBay Canada. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:38 PM

Great model,very difficult to find.This is a Peleng MiG-23 "Flogger",1:43 scale. i found one scan on the internet,for free.But it's better to have the original!
Scan of the model you can download here:
URL removed, Pirated Scan

Last edited by rickstef; 07-21-2017 at 02:04 PM. Reason: No linking to Pirate sites or files allowed on the forum, if you have a question about it, ask me
Old 11-18-2018, 12:18 AM

Hi. This is a long shot. I sold the Peleng model of the Sukhoi 27. The person who bought it wants to return it because it does not have English instructions. (The description did state every was in Russian). Anyways, does anyone know if English instructions are available for these kits?
Old 11-18-2018, 04:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 217.91 MB
Peleng models

These models were published in early 90-s. Amost 30 years ago. No english instructions. Migs 23 and 27 have serious errors, so I had to scan, correct and reprint wrong parts.
The best of these models is Su-24.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 217.91 MB
Peleng

The author of the models presented me all of them. It was in the year 2001 in the city of Tula 200 km to the south fmrom Moscow. He was at that time rather old man. I dont know are they on sale now.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
The buyer has no place in law to return the kit you sold in good faith. Perhaps they need to become a friend of google translate etc. I would suggest the kit has been scanned making the model 'free' to the builder. I know but that kind of behaviour has my spider sense tingling. I also wonder if the model would appear on a web site for sale. Cynical but a good chance of being correct.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiebutler View Post
Hi. This is a long shot. I sold the Peleng model of the Sukhoi 27. The person who bought it wants to return it because it does not have English instructions. (The description did state every was in Russian). Anyways, does anyone know if English instructions are available for these kits?
It is not the sellers' fault that the buyer didn't read the complete description stating instructions were in another language.

If you still can, take a screenshot of the finished auction page where that can be seen as proof, in case the buyer decides to take action to return it.

If that was clear in the auction, you are not forced to solve his problem. It was his fault, not yours.

Nowadays technology has advanced a lot. Even with a good smartphone a person can take a photo of a text in a foreign language, have it converted via optical character recognition (OCR) and get the text translated. Results may vary, but it is a good solution in many cases.

What Mike1158 says is not impossible.
If the buyer already scanned the kit, now he has a digital copy of it and by you returning the money he'll get it for free. So be careful when dealing a return.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiebutler View Post
Did you sell it on eBay?
Did you specify "no returns" or that you would give a refund?
(This is an option when creating your ebay listing)
You may be required to accommodate or face the wrath of paypal.

You could argue with paypal that the listing was clear about "no english instructions"
but if your listing states "returns accepted" then you may have no choice.
You could also argue that scanning a kit (piracy) is commonplace and another reason not to offer a refund.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
It is not the sellers' fault that the buyer didn't read the complete description stating instructions were in another language.
Unfortunately it is...the buyer is first in line for consideration now (at ebay).

The seller has many options when creating a listing (to protect themselves)...
I have learned this...and the seller must take steps to make sure they are covered in the event of an unhappy customer.
The unhappy buyer gets preferred treatment over the seller.

Once, I sold a paper model kit on ebay...clearly documented as a kit containing multiple paper models to be built/assembled.
It was also clear that the "kit" was digital (PDF) form.

This is before the days of more recent PDF restrictions.
The listing included many photos of the finished models (contained in the kit).

The buyer did not understand and assumed they were buying prebuilt models.
At least thats what they claimed.
Or maybe just didn't read the listing and bought something without proper investigation?

But in this case I was accused of thievery and misleading the buyer.
I was also accused of having altered the listing after the sale to cover the facts.
All this was also stated in negative public feedback.

eBay and paypal would not listen to me...I begged for help.
I also asked for the negative feedback to be removed.

No refund or return happened...because I had specified "no returns.
But I did receive a few messages from this customer accusing me of many disreputable things.
Eventually I deleted the ebay account because I had less than ten sales at that point and his negative feedback was an ugly black mark.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:18 AM

Hello. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if English translations for the instructions for these Peleng paper models are available? I finally sold the Sukhoi 27 but the buyer wants to return it because it does not have instructions in English. (I did state in the description that the instructions and information on the model were all in Russian but maybe he didn't read that).
Google Adsense