PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigris View Post
It is my project. You are right, this part – the wings support. But it was the experimental (temporary) design (for 1/100. but not 1/72!!!). I had to make it again. But the model «flowed away» in the Internet …
On photos can see, how to connect parts together. The hole has to be big that after gluing of fuselage fairing, it was possible to establish a support through a wing.
Cardboard for support of 0.5 - 1 mm

I just don't understand why most prolific and talented designers turn out beautiful models but when they have to draw and write instructions, they just become lazy and they will just make a few useless drawings. This situation makes sometimes the building of their models plain guesswork. No logical numbering of parts, no different types of lines to show when to score and/or bend and where to attach a part. Sometimes they completely omit the assembly of sub components like engines, and even sometimes they don't even include internal formers in order to get the correct shape and rigidity of the assembled model. I just cannot understand this philosophy of some designers who otherwise give us beautiful models. I hope this situation is corrected in the near future.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
I just don't understand why most prolific and talented designers turn out beautiful models but when they have to draw and write instructions, they just become lazy and they will just make a few useless drawings. This situation makes sometimes the building of their models plain guesswork. No logical numbering of parts, no different types of lines to show when to score and/or bend and where to attach a part. Sometimes they completely omit the assembly of sub components like engines, and even sometimes they don't even include internal formers in order to get the correct shape and rigidity of the assembled model. I just cannot understand this philosophy of some designers who otherwise give us beautiful models. I hope this situation is corrected in the near future.
???????????

My Drawings
Old 08-15-2017, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.50 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post

Speaking from experience
- you create the model
- You work out how to break down the model so you can build it
- you develop the separate pieces and add tabs and possible number parts
- you colour the parts and ensure the will match when built
- you test build the model, modify as required, rebuild etc

Once you are happy with the results you may share pictures and if it looks good others will want to try but doing detailed instructions can take as long or up to twice as long as the previous stages combined. By This stage I usually am ready to move on to something else on my long wish list or life gets in the way so other than a few pictures, instructions are low on my priority list.

Apologies for off topic rant but from a designers point of view I really admire the ones who do some incredible instructions but understand why others may minimise.

Myles
Old 08-15-2017, 10:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARX2 View Post
Finally, the 3D printed nose.
the 3D printed nose looks great....good work on it, very good work.

YOAV
Old 08-15-2017, 10:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
With due respect to all designers, that's why and how you live with free models.
No instructions and no numbering of parts? I treat them as puzzles.
Can't solve it, then next one and next one and so on.
However, experience tells that once you have finished one, then you know how to
deal with the next, more or less. If not, repeat the procedure at sentence no.3 of this post.

Papermate
Google Adsense
Old 08-16-2017, 01:12 AM

My point of view on this subject, and I am sorry if we are a little bit stray from the issue of this thread, but in my opinion it is worth mentioning.

If I design or re-design a model for myself only, then my right to write or not to write building instructions.

But if I'm planning a model to publish it, whether it's for free or for a payment, then we should write as many detailed instructions as possible to make it easier for the model buyer.....Especially when paying a lot of money for the model.

Personal example.
I also work hard to design a model, and it takes me 3-5 months to produce a model, including many online searches of drawings and pictures, drawing the model and painting the model in Photoshop, and building an prototype, sometimes two.

But to make it easier for me to write instructions, what am I doing?
While building the model, I photograph all the stages of building the model and create a large picture library.
Then I choose the best pictures, write down the numbering of the parts, and another sentence or two for the a short explanation, so I get filmed and very detailed building instructions, which makes it very easy for the models builders.

And to all the models builders, continue to build and present your beautiful works.

Greetings

YOAV
Old 08-16-2017, 03:41 AM

Another thing I forgot to mention....

In order to facilitate the construction work, I divide the files of the model by subjects, such as:
A cockpit and ejection seat file, a model fuselage file, a model tail file, and separate files of the wings and stabilizers.

In this way, it is easy to access the work of building the model and the parts are placed in an orderly manner and are not scattered in all the files without order or logic.

YOAV
Old 08-16-2017, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
I guess I haven't been keeping up with progress on the model as this has started to turn into a rant thread.

I'm working on the underwing strakes today. I have been distracted by my 3D printer and have been designing a nameplate for my grandson.

Hope everyone has a nice day!
Old 08-16-2017, 07:55 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
sorry Joe.......... if I can help out with any questions on this model please PM me.

My Drawings
Old 08-19-2017, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Disaster Strikes

Part 13 turned out egg shaped, for some reason. I suspect it had to do with the centering ring. There was no way to round it out. Fortunately, I was able to tear it out of the tail with little damage to the paper. So tomorrow, back to work on part 13.

(And, as always, one of my pictures uploads sideways )

It's been a bad couple of days. My dog was bitten by another dog yesterday and we spent three hours at the vet. She's doing OK, considering she's 14 years old! She's normally pretty peppy and I expect her to bounce back soon.
Attached Thumbnails
A320 Air New Zealand-img_20170819_203535.jpg   A320 Air New Zealand-img_20170819_202647.jpg  
Google Adsense